Windows 10: windows deactivated after most recent update

Discus and support windows deactivated after most recent update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 pro came with my old laptop and i accidentally dropped it and cracked the screen. My friend had a laptop sitting at his house and it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rayagudio, Feb 5, 2019.

1. rayagudio Win User

windows deactivated after most recent update

Windows 10 pro came with my old laptop and i accidentally dropped it and cracked the screen. My friend had a laptop sitting at his house and it was stuck in the bios because the hdd was faulty, so i took it and put my hdd in it. It booted up without any issues and i decided to download the windows update. after updating, I ended up with the "activate windows" text on my screen. I tried reinstalling windows pro, found some free keys online and none of them are working. Im not sure what to do next. My copy of windows was genuine, but I now have a free key tied to my laptop and dont know how to recover the original one. Any advice?

:)

rayagudio, Feb 5, 2019
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 deactivated itself after update

I bought the windows Pro last year and the code is valid until the recent windows update and now this is showing that my Windows is deactivated.

Please help. I followed the steps and tried to call the phone number that shows up when you search using the
    SLUI 04 and there seems to be a dead number and the call does not go through.

This product key was on the back of windows 10 Pro DVD that i bought and shamefully now windows says that this key is not for Windows 10 pro. how is this possible?

Please suggest steps to get this resolved. other than the ones you already mentioned here.

Thank you.

VijayaGopu, Feb 5, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond windows deactivated after most recent update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. windows deactivated after most recent update - Similar Threads - deactivated recent update

2. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  3. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  4. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problems after most recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems after most recent update: Firstly, I'm not the most computer savvy, but windows forced an update on me today and things seem very wrong with my computer now. Not even sure which subreddit I should be in for help so I'm trying a few. New update kept taking over, full-screen asking to either update now...
  6. Most recent updates

Most recent updates: How do I know I'm operating on updated version of Microsoft windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-recent-updates/88d75eee-19a0-4633-962f-17af33c3dab4
  7. Updated to the most recent windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated to the most recent windows update: I updated to the most recent windows update and I keep on getting the bsod for random reasons each time. I've ran the scannow and verify to make sure there are no bad drivers. I've reinstalled my amd drivers. Nothing is overclocked either. It's exactly the same way it was...
  8. Windows deactivated (and edition changed!) after recent update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows deactivated (and edition changed!) after recent update: Had this PC 2 years. After the recent Windows Update it says it's not activated. ADT and LicensingDiag outputs are attached. Version 1809, OS Build 17763.864. Details below; some differ from the more usual scenario for these questions (of which I've read several dozen):...
  9. Most recent update

Most recent update: I am an "Insider" and have installed the latest update. All sorts of strange things have started to happen. Examples: 1. The audio out on my camera no longer works for conversations on Skype. 2, The voice recorder no longer works. 3, When I try to open Edge I receive the...
  10. windows won't activate after most recent update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows won't activate after most recent update: i got a brand new computer recently that came with windows 10. i had to reinstall it a few times because of issues i thought were related to the installation (plus the first attempt asked me for a key which i didn't have, the second one didn't). i didn't activate right away....