Windows 10: Windows deactivated after update, will not reactivate, upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 years ago

Discus and support Windows deactivated after update, will not reactivate, upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 years ago in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Win 10 machine that was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 many years ago. After a recent update, the Win 10 install has become deactivated. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SamWindows10, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Windows deactivated after update, will not reactivate, upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 years ago

I have a Win 10 machine that was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 many years ago. After a recent update, the Win 10 install has become deactivated. The valid Win 7 product key is not working to reactivate Windows. There have been no hardware changes in years. This is the output from ShowKeyPlus.Why did Windows deactivate and what can be done to fix this situation?

:)

SamWindows10, Oct 13, 2021
  2. 1Anointed Win User

Win 10 upgrade deactivates Win 7 after fail.

PC with Win 7 Ultimate had been upgraded to Win 10 but reverted to Win 7 Ult. Now trying to restore Win 10 by doing upgrade fails and DEACTIVATES Win 7 Ult?

1Anointed, Oct 13, 2021
  3. lse123 Win User
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for upgrade to windows 10

I think in one of the other PC with win 7 or win 8.1 I run media creators tools and in some step prompt/found graphics card not supported... for win 10. I didn't found alone reading specs of win 10, but the tool says me... after changed graphics card the tool said all OK and continued OK with upgrade... That I ask to reach this step in this current PC - win 7 - must be all OK for the upgrade? Or must continue to upgrade to show this?
    and got to point

• UPGRADE this PC now
    • Create media(DVD, USB stick, ISO)
    is hardware OK (Win 7) for an upgrade to windows 10 for this PC???

lse123, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Nelson Ng Win User

Windows deactivated after update, will not reactivate, upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 years ago

windows 7 8 or 10

If you want a stable and (power) user-friendly Windows, stick to Win 7.

Win 8 should never have been released (I bought a Win 8 Pro upgrade at about US$13 when I bought my laptop more than 2 years ago and haven't even used the purchased key yet!).

If you're into gaming, Win 10 is a must because of DirectX 12. Moreover, it's a free upgrade. Just turn off all the privacy switches if you're paranoid. Only thing is you can't turn off Windows Updates. As the free Win 10 upgrade is only guaranteed for a year (till Jul/Aug 2016), backup an image of your Win 7 system then upgrade to Win 8. Backup another image of this Win 8 system then restore your Win 7 image. Then you can continue using your Win 7 until you are ready to "upgrade" to Win 8 anytime even after the free upgrade period (by restoring your Win 8 image, provided you don't change your hardware significantly) ...

Nelson Ng, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows deactivated after update, will not reactivate, upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 years ago

1. Windows deactivated after update, will not reactivate, upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 years ago - Similar Threads - deactivated update reactivate

2. Windows deactivated after update, will not reactivate, upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 years ago

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows deactivated after update, will not reactivate, upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 years ago: I have a Win 10 machine that was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 many years ago. After a recent update, the Win 10 install has become deactivated. The valid Win 7 product key is not working to reactivate Windows. There have been no hardware changes in years. This is the output...
  3. Windows deactivated after update, will not reactivate, upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 years ago

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows deactivated after update, will not reactivate, upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 years ago: I have a Win 10 machine that was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 many years ago. After a recent update, the Win 10 install has become deactivated. The valid Win 7 product key is not working to reactivate Windows. There have been no hardware changes in years. This is the output...
  4. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: Hello.Few days ago i make upgrade to Windows 10 on my computer with Windows 7 PRO licence. I know that the free upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 is not free any more. If i check Activation status it is Activeted with digital licence. Is this legal?...
  5. Unable to login to Win 10 after upgrading from Win 7

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login to Win 10 after upgrading from Win 7: I had a Win 7 Dell Laptop . I wanted to upgrade it to Win 10. In the laptop, updated all the drivers & all the latest Windows Updates available to date. Downloaded Win 10 Media creation tool & selected "Upgrade this PC". After complete upgradation I was using it in Win 10...
  6. Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: If I upgrade my operating system to Win 10 , must I redownload and reinstall all the games that I have on my PC ( around 12 Terabytes ) ? or there is a workaround to avoid that ( so that I can play them in Win 10 without the hassle ) ? Most of the games are on ( steam ,...
  7. Confusing partition after upgrade from Win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Confusing partition after upgrade from Win 7 to win 10: hi.. I Need advice about the partition after i upgrade from win 7 to win 10. i have some issue : 1. there is a disk "System ReservedH" in my drives list, i cant delete it because it used for boot the pc. I search info that i can hide it with remove the drive letter. is it...
  8. AFTER UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 TO WIN 10--TOTAL DISFUNCTION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    AFTER UPGRADE FROM WIN 7 TO WIN 10--TOTAL DISFUNCTION: Hello Community: Today I upgraded my HP Desktop circa 2011 from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro. I used the Microsoft Media Creation tool. My PC totally met the qualifications, had a valid license etc. I followed the instructions to the letter. At the end of the update, everything...
  9. Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10: The question is about performing a system restore after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7. If one: Upgrades to Windows 10 THEN performs a system restore ... will the system restore with Windows 10 or will it revert back to an earlier version, in this case Win 7? If it...
  10. BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10: I have a pc I built myself that's been running on windows 7 without any issues whatsoever. I've left this pc on for a week at a time without a bluescreen or even shutdowns. Ever since I've upgraded to windows 10, I've been getting store exception errors every day or two....