Windows 10: Windows deactivated its self after I swapped my ssd to a computer it was previously...

Discus and support Windows deactivated its self after I swapped my ssd to a computer it was previously... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I swapped my m.2 OS drive from my current desktop to an older system that my windows account I own a genuine copy of windows 10 home bought from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BlueSandbox, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Windows deactivated its self after I swapped my ssd to a computer it was previously...

I swapped my m.2 OS drive from my current desktop to an older system that my windows account I own a genuine copy of windows 10 home bought from the Microsoft store was previously activated on for testing as it is being repurposed. Now that I've put it back in my current desktop, it says windows is unactivated. When I go to activation settings and click troubleshoot it says "it looks like hardware on this device has changed", then I click "I changed hardware recently" and it says that it can't find any devices linked to my account matching my current device, and when I click see other devices the motherboard that i just swapped my os to and back shows up as a linked pc.

:)

BlueSandbox, Feb 6, 2021

2. SSD with Win 10 computer swap

I received a used computer from my cousin after the MB on one of mine failed. His was faster so I pulled the drive from MY failed computer and put it in what was previously his computer. I had been using his old computer as is for a couple months before
    I did this. After the swap my HD from my work computer failed, so I took the SSD from his old computer with Win10 and some programs installed and put it into my work computer, but it wont boot. I tried using a repair disk and what happens no matter which repair
    method I try is that it says the SSD is locked and I cant do anthing. Any suggestions on how to use this SSD and unlock it , or at the very least retrieve the activation code from Win10 so I can do a clean install?

Topcanadian, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Windows 10 self deactivated

I just swapped to new hardware and I used my old hardrive and just reformatted it. My windows for some reason decided to deactivate it's self. I've tried all the options available on my pc and nothing is working. Anyone have any advice on doing something
    for this or am I better off getting a cracked version of window? I'm not paying for a new version again.

NathanialJones, Feb 6, 2021
  4. schmieg Win User

Windows deactivated its self after I swapped my ssd to a computer it was previously...

Windows Self Deactivating?

Windows deactivated its self after I swapped my ssd to a computer it was previously... [​IMG]

schmieg, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows deactivated its self after I swapped my ssd to a computer it was previously...

1. Windows deactivated its self after I swapped my ssd to a computer it was previously... - Similar Threads - deactivated self swapped

2. computer is typing by its self

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer is typing by its self: So yesterday one of my computers started acting weird like it would start typing on its own every time the computer would finish booting up. When we turn on the computer it lets me put in the password and nothing weird happens but suddenly right after everything is done...
  3. computer is typing by its self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is typing by its self: So yesterday one of my computers started acting weird like it would start typing on its own every time the computer would finish booting up. When we turn on the computer it lets me put in the password and nothing weird happens but suddenly right after everything is done...
  4. computer is typing by its self

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. computer us typing by its self

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    computer us typing by its self: So yesterday one of my computers started acting weird like it would start typing on its own every time the computer would finish booting up. When we turn on the computer it lets me put in the password and nothing weird happens but suddenly right after everything is done...
  6. Swapped motherboard and windows is deactivated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Swapped motherboard and windows is deactivated: I changed my motherboard without taking notes of my windows key so now my windows appears as deactivated.I tried to access the troubleshoot but it only gives me errors of not reaching the servers, also, a button to try through microsoft account doesnt even appear....
  7. Swapped motherboard and windows is deactivated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Swapped motherboard and windows is deactivated: I changed my motherboard without taking notes of my windows key so now my windows appears as deactivated.I tried to access the troubleshoot but it only gives me errors of not reaching the servers, also, a button to try through microsoft account doesnt even appear....
  8. Swapped motherboard and windows is deactivated

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows Self Deactivating?

Windows Self Deactivating?: I have a Dell XPS 8930 [email protected] running the 2004 version of Windows 10 Pro ver. 19041.508. This machine has been running flawlessly for 23 months when suddenly at the beginning of September I began receiving notices that Windows was not activated. I used the...
  10. Windows 10 pro self deactivated

Windows 10 pro self deactivated: Windows deactivated itself and I noticed via the watermark. The error it gives me is 0x80070002 and that something is interrupting the troubleshooting. I talked with a customer support person and he validated my product key but couldn't help and that I'd have to get windows...