Windows 10: Windows deactivated itself and changed version from home/pro to education. How can I...

Discus and support Windows deactivated itself and changed version from home/pro to education. How can I... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I changed my pc name and windows forced me to update on the 27th May. After restarting, the activate windows watermark appeared. I found my product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Apperu, May 27, 2020.

1. Apperu Win User

Windows deactivated itself and changed version from home/pro to education. How can I...

I changed my pc name and windows forced me to update on the 27th May. After restarting, the activate windows watermark appeared.

I found my product key by using wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey in powershell admin but when I key in the key, it doesn't work. It says try again later.

In addition, some of my settings are 'managed by an organisation' and I can find some of my school vpn settings which I am only supposed to see on my school laptop

Should I reinstall windows? Can the manufacturer help me?

:)

Apperu, May 27, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Windows 10 Education Pro

I've not had an opportunity to test Pro Education edition yet but I am running normal Education on a Hyper-V virtual machine and on dual boot with Pro on a laptop. Basically Education is exactly as Enterprise, meant for domain or Azure AD use. Main differences when compared to Pro are missing Cortana and no possibility to use Microsoft account as initial user account when setting up Windows, although when selecting initial user as local domain user a normal local account will be created which can then be switched to a Microsoft account instead of joining a domain.

Native Windows apps in Windows 10 Education edition are the same than in Pro edition, Cortana being the only exception.

If you already have setup Windows 10 Pro on your machines with a customised image I can see no benefits in doing the job again deploying an almost similar OS. This is of course only my personal subjective opinion based on what I know at the moment; I have no knowledge or insight about what additional features (see highlighted part in quote below) Pro Education might be and if they would be reason enough to upgrade to Pro Education.

Quote from https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...tion-customers:

3. Upgrade Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro

Dear Team,

some system having Windows 10 Education Version how to change it to windows 10 Pro through SCCM

in SCCM i can see only Windows 10 Enterprise version but not windows 10 Pro,

please suggest is there any other option to upgrade it

udaykumar6, May 27, 2020
  4. Windows deactivated itself and changed version from home/pro to education. How can I...

How can I convert Windows 10 Pro Education to Pro OEM?

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is Windows 10 Pro Education Pre-installed on your computer?
    • Have you upgraded your computer from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Pro Education? If so, do you still have the product key for Windows 10 Pro?
    Meanwhile, you may refer to the steps under Roll back Windows 10 Pro Education to Windows 10 Pro section of this
    article.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows deactivated itself and changed version from home/pro to education. How can I...

1. Windows deactivated itself and changed version from home/pro to education. How can I... - Similar Threads - deactivated itself changed

2. How can I move from Windows 11 Education to Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I move from Windows 11 Education to Pro?: I used Windows 11 Education for work but now I gave the computer to my son and I want to move to Pro. I bought a product key and tried the steps listed here but it didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!*There is no data on the drive that I want to keep....
  3. Windows 11 Home deactivated itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home deactivated itself: 3 months ago I built a new PC and bought a digital copy of Windows 11 Home for it through the Microsoft website. This order also properly appears in my order history on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders . However, a few weeks ago Windows apparently deactivated...
  4. Windows 11 Home deactivated itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home deactivated itself: 3 months ago I built a new PC and bought a digital copy of Windows 11 Home for it through the Microsoft website. This order also properly appears in my order history on https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders . However, a few weeks ago Windows apparently deactivated...
  5. Can I move from Windows 11 Education to Home or Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I move from Windows 11 Education to Home or Pro: A while ago I built myself a new computer and was able to get Windows 10 Education for free. At the time it seemed that I was able to login with my Microsoft account. Unfortunately my hard disk died and I had to reinstall Windows. At the time I moved to a different...
  6. Can I move from Windows 11 Education to Home or Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I move from Windows 11 Education to Home or Pro: A while ago I built myself a new computer and was able to get Windows 10 Education for free. At the time it seemed that I was able to login with my Microsoft account. Unfortunately my hard disk died and I had to reinstall Windows. At the time I moved to a different...
  7. Changing from windows home to education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing from windows home to education: I understand windows education has extra features and stuff, will i need to reinstall windows if i manually enter an education key into the change product key thing? or does it just unlock the extra features ? currently on home edition...
  8. Changing from Windows Education to Windows Home

Changing from Windows Education to Windows Home: Hi, I bought a laptop which came with Windows 10 Home. While I've been at university, I used a licence provided by them to upgrade to Windows Education. Now I'm finishing university, I want to revert back to the Home edition. I've seen instructions about downloading the...
  9. Windows version changed from Pro to Education by itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows version changed from Pro to Education by itself: My Windows is activated, the system updates are off from Windows Services. How exactly does something like this happen? Now it wouldn't be an issue, except for the fact it takes 15 secs instead of 5 to boot on start-up, plus any change happening that I didn't approve of...
  10. Windows 10 Pro Deactivated Itself

Windows 10 Pro Deactivated Itself: I purchased Windows 10 Pro download from the Microsoft Store on May 18, 2018. A few months ago, I noticed a watermark message in the bottom right hand corner of my screen telling me to Activate Windows. The problem is I don't have the product key or digital license needed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change windows 10 edition education to home