Windows 10: Windows deactivated out of the blue !

Discus and support Windows deactivated out of the blue ! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear forum readers, I just happened minutes ago, I've got an "Activate Windows, Go to settings to activate Windows" watermark, and in the settings it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NovHak, Nov 9, 2018.

1. NovHak Win User

Windows deactivated out of the blue !

Dear forum readers,

I just happened minutes ago, I've got an "Activate Windows, Go to settings to activate Windows" watermark, and in the settings it indeed says that I've no product key or digital license.

Problem is, it's wrong. I've been using this laptop since 2014 now without any hardware change (what nears it most it my Nvidia driver update one week ago, but that's something I do every month), upgraded from legit 8.1 to 10 at the time it was free, and suddenly it's not activated any more. Dear MS, I hope you're not seriously expecting me to pay twice the price ? I've no problem with licensing enforcement, as long as it doesn't suddenly remove from my hands something I paid for, in all honesty.

I'm going to reboot to see if it changes anything. I'm somewhat fearful things would become worse if I try to go through the activation procedure since I didn't have to do this in the first place, after all. I would accept linking my digital license to my MS account, as long as it doesn't force me to link my whole admin account as well : I want all my accounts to be local only.

Any advices ? In case it comes from some defective hardware I didn't notice, is there a licensing log I could check that would point me to said hardware ?

:)

NovHak, Nov 9, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Windows deactivated out of the blue !

Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

I have tried all of the options there, Which is why i included in my post the lists of things that i performed to isolate the cause of bsod. Thanks

cainegetutua, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Windows deactivated out of the blue !

1. Windows deactivated out of the blue ! - Similar Threads - deactivated blue

2. Cursor is deactivating the window where ever I am typing. I have to click manually to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor is deactivating the window where ever I am typing. I have to click manually to...: Cursor is disabling or moving to another window automatically while typing in word or chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-is-deactivating-the-window-where-ever-i-am/4a24b240-7c47-4c27-bc7c-9f99727e379c
  3. Cursor is deactivating the window where ever I am typing. I have to click manually to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor is deactivating the window where ever I am typing. I have to click manually to...: Cursor is disabling or moving to another window automatically while typing in word or chrome. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cursor-is-deactivating-the-window-where-ever-i-am/4a24b240-7c47-4c27-bc7c-9f99727e379c
  4. Windows 10 suddenly deactivated after a few years

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 suddenly deactivated after a few years: Hello, I have owned this copy of windows for more than 2 years and it was working fine a few minutes ago. but suddenly when I came to check, the Windows was deactivated somehow. I have not used the key on any other device either. Windows came pre-installed and I do not know...
  5. Windows 10 suddenly deactivated after a few years

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 suddenly deactivated after a few years: Hello, I have owned this copy of windows for more than 2 years and it was working fine a few minutes ago. but suddenly when I came to check, the Windows was deactivated somehow. I have not used the key on any other device either. Windows came pre-installed and I do not know...
  6. Windows 10 suddenly deactivated after a few years

7. Windows keeps deactivating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps deactivating: Every couple of days or so there's no pattern that I can see I get a text in the bottom corner of my Windows desktop saying my copy is not activated. I hit the troubleshoot button and 2 seconds later it's activated again. Why does this keep happening?...
  8. Windows keeps deactivating

Windows keeps deactivating: Every couple of days or so there's no pattern that I can see I get a text in the bottom corner of my Windows desktop saying my copy is not activated. I hit the troubleshoot button and 2 seconds later it's activated again. Why does this keep happening?...
  9. Windows 10 deactivated itself after a blue screen

Windows 10 deactivated itself after a blue screen: My computer blue screened earlier and gave me an error stating that BEdaisy.sys failed. After restarting I noticed how it uninstalled my VB audio cables and I saw the watermark at the bottom right asking me to activate windows. In the settings it states that my computer has...
  10. Windows deactivated out of the blue !

Windows deactivated out of the blue !: Dear forum readers, It just happened minutes ago, I've got an "Activate Windows, Go to settings to activate Windows" watermark, and in the settings it indeed says that I've no product key or digital license. Problem is, it's wrong. I've been using this laptop since 2014 now...