Windows 10: Windows Deactivation After Recent Hardware Upgrade

Discus and support Windows Deactivation After Recent Hardware Upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So i bought a prebuilt PC about a year ago, and recently decided to upgrade it because the hardware was outdated for the games i play. I upgraded my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by facemonkey05, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Windows Deactivation After Recent Hardware Upgrade

So i bought a prebuilt PC about a year ago, and recently decided to upgrade it because the hardware was outdated for the games i play. I upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and ram. When i first booted i had a blue screen (which is irrelevant because it was a bad app) so i decided to fresh start my pc but keep my files. Once it finished, Windows booted up with my Microsoft account and files with no apps. But i noticed that in the bottom right corner of my pc has a watermark on it, even when i played games, that read:

"Activate Windows

Go to Settings to activate Windows"

So i followed the directions and went to the activate Windows screen. Once there, I clicked "troubleshoot" and it got me all the way until i clicked my pc name when it came up with a message that read:

Unable to activate Windows
    We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later.

For reference I clicked "I changed hardware on this device recently."

For anyone that can help, my error code is "0xC004C003"

All I can see is my product ID meanwhile my product key is covered my X's with the last 5 digits revealed.

Yes, I have looked at the Microsoft Help Pages, and talked to tech support and nothing helped.

If ANYONE can help me with this problem, it would mean the world to me. Thanks in advance.

<-Some pictures below>

Windows Deactivation After Recent Hardware Upgrade 01e8c85f-4724-4c73-b182-8a7e377b4973?upload=true.png Windows Deactivation After Recent Hardware Upgrade [​IMG] Windows Deactivation After Recent Hardware Upgrade 6d8270fa-025a-49af-a3a1-432c0d817ee3?upload=true.png

:)

facemonkey05, Jan 4, 2019
  2. JM_906 Win User

Windows deactivated after hardware upgrade.

I recently upgraded my CPU and Motherboard, and now my copy of Windows 10 Pro is no longer activated. I already followed the steps on here, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change.

None of the steps seemed to work, as I'm still getting error code 0xC004C003 and the troubleshooter is failing. I do not have a product key code, as this PC had windows 8.1 pre-installed and then I did the free upgrade.

JM_906, Jan 4, 2019
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Windows Deactivation After Recent Hardware Upgrade

Need to repurchase Windows 10 after upgrading hardware?

I recently upgraded my motherboard because of hardware issues and Windows got deactivated. Support told me that I would have to downgrade to 8.1 and then reupgrade to Windows 10 to activate on the same key or pay 120$ for a new key. This has to be the
    stupidest method I have seen to activate Windows. Any suggestions on how to move forward to activate Windows without reinstalling Windows or re-buying product key?

ShaishavParekh, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows Deactivation After Recent Hardware Upgrade

1. Windows Deactivation After Recent Hardware Upgrade - Similar Threads - Deactivation Recent Hardware

2. Windows deactivated after hardware change 0xC004F211

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows deactivated after hardware change 0xC004F211: I just changed the hardware in my PC and my Windows 11 pro ended up deactivating. I tried troubleshooting and it says that it was unable to activate due to internet connection issues....
  3. Windows 10 deactivates after hardware change.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 deactivates after hardware change.: So, for Christmas I got new parts to upgrade my computer. And after I installed the new motherboard, RAM and processor going from AM3+ to AM4 I saw that my Windows was deactivated.I ran the troubleshooter and at first it didn't work, but then I restarted the pc and it worked....
  4. After hardware change windows was deactivated

After hardware change windows was deactivated: I recently changed hardware on my computer which had windows, when i changed most of the hardware, as to be expected, my windows had been deactivated, it still had the product ID etc. When it told me to troubleshoot it i did and followed all its steps and consulted a robot...
  5. upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated

upgraded hardware windows is now deactivated: I upgraded my mobo, ram, and cpu then windows was deactivated i don't have a product key as it was a prebuilt with it preinstalled i tried trouble shooting but It gives me an error and says contact support....
  6. Windows deactivated after hardware change.

Windows deactivated after hardware change.: Hi. My windows has deactivated after I replaced most of my computer and I never had a digital license. I brought my computer second hand so windows was already installed and activated. I have tried the activation troubleshooter and it didn't fix my issue. I don't have the...
  7. windows deactivated after most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows deactivated after most recent update: Windows 10 pro came with my old laptop and i accidentally dropped it and cracked the screen. My friend had a laptop sitting at his house and it was stuck in the bios because the hdd was faulty, so i took it and put my hdd in it. It booted up without any issues and i decided...
  8. Windows 10 deactivated after hardware change

Windows 10 deactivated after hardware change: I have recently changed my hardware. My windows 10 now thinks it hasn't been activated. I am signed into my account linked to my license for windows 10 but still hasn't activated. I've tried the troubleshoot option, but no success....
  9. Windows deactivated after hardware upgrade.

Windows deactivated after hardware upgrade.: I recently upgraded my CPU and Motherboard, and now my copy of Windows 10 Pro is no longer activated. I already followed the steps on here, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change. None of the steps seemed to work, as I'm...
  10. Windows 10 locking up after recent hardware upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 locking up after recent hardware upgrade.: I recently installed a new motherboard, cpu and ram and evert since then i have been getting some very strange lock ups. They never happen when i am using the PC. It will only lock up after i have left it on overnight. When i wake up the screen is frozen and the keyboard and...