Windows 10: Windows decided to revoke my activation key

Discus and support Windows decided to revoke my activation key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have purchased a windows 10 professional OEM key off of Kingwin in January 2020 and used it with no issue until today. I turn on my computer only to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Baufoi, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Baufoi Win User

Windows decided to revoke my activation key

I have purchased a windows 10 professional OEM key off of Kingwin in January 2020 and used it with no issue until today. I turn on my computer only to find the dreaded "Activate windows" watermark on my screen. going into the activation settings, it tells me that I don't have a valid key and if I think I do, to troubleshoot. So I did that, no help at all. No one answers and the bot is driving me in circles, I can't even put in my phone number for them to call me as apparently my country doesn't exist.

Not sure whats caused this, could be a virus did a quick scan with norton that turned up clean, and currently doing a deep scan but that'll take weeks to finish or it could be a registry issue that I don't know how to fix Software protection is stopped and I can't start it again or a mix of both.

All in all I'm rather annoyed by this issue and I don't want to buy windows again.

:)

Baufoi, Dec 16, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to revoke GTA IV key

It's a very long key on the booklet, so you are saying thats the issue?

P4-630, Dec 16, 2020
  3. manofthem Win User
    How to revoke GTA IV key

The retail verison of GTA 4 that you passed on to your nephew contains a cd key... Does it look like this:
    • Grand Theft Auto IV CD Keys in this format: 1ABCD-D3FGH-45I67 (not actual key)
    If not and the key looks different, it can't be activated on Steam. That may be why he's having difficulty. Taken from here

manofthem, Dec 16, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to revoke GTA IV key

A while ago I installed GTA IV from dvd, it did not had steam yet.
    I bought a samsung 840 evo ssd and was using rapid mode which messed up my windows installation and had to do a factory reset since windows would not load anymore.

After that all was fine without using rapid mode and never had a problem again.
    Then I started using steam, I did not know you could activate any game on steam if you had a key so I bought GTA IV on steam back then. Now I gave the GTA IV DVD to my nephew but now he can't activate the game on steam.

The problem is, with my previous messed up windows I was ofcourse unable to revoke the GTA IV key.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks!

P4-630, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows decided to revoke my activation key - Similar Threads - decided revoke activation

2. My alt key decides to be constantly pressed sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My alt key decides to be constantly pressed sometimes: So I bought a brand new keyboard, like a week old, but there is a problem. When I am typing or playing games, it decides to just have alt pressed in, and until I press it again, it will still be pressed. It's most often to accour when i pressed alt for mistake with one of the...
  3. My alt key decides to be constantly pressed sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My alt key decides to be constantly pressed sometimes: So I bought a brand new keyboard, like a week old, but there is a problem. When I am typing or playing games, it decides to just have alt pressed in, and until I press it again, it will still be pressed. It's most often to accour when i pressed alt for mistake with one of the...
  4. My alt key decides to be constantly pressed sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. HELP! my pc has suddenly decided that windows is not activated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! my pc has suddenly decided that windows is not activated?: I built this PC end of last year. Bought windows 10 home DIRECT from Microsoft store, even though it cost over 5 times as much as other software key vendors. Been working fine until today, but now windows is telling me that it's not activated, error code 0x803FABB8. There are...
  6. HELP! my pc has suddenly decided that windows is not activated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! my pc has suddenly decided that windows is not activated?: I built this PC end of last year. Bought windows 10 home DIRECT from Microsoft store, even though it cost over 5 times as much as other software key vendors. Been working fine until today, but now windows is telling me that it's not activated, error code 0x803FABB8. There are...
  7. HELP! my pc has suddenly decided that windows is not activated?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. My pc decided not to be activated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc decided not to be activated: So i was just playing and then the "activate window" popped up and the error code is: 0xC004F074 submitted by /u/RemoteHun [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jy8jly/my_pc_decided_not_to_be_activated/
  9. Can I use the same activation key of Windows 10 Home if my PC decides to unactivate itself?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I use the same activation key of Windows 10 Home if my PC decides to unactivate itself?: Hello! So I wanted to delete all my files and start up Windows 10 Home by using the “Clean all my drives” option on Reset this PC, (I don’t want to recycle/give away my PC by the way but I want to securely feel like none of my data is recoverable) and i’m very concerned if...
  10. Certificate Revoked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Certificate Revoked: I have a client that is unable to get into their CRM webspace all of a sudden. This happens in Chrome, Firefox, Edge and IE. Certificate has been revoked: NET::ERR_CERT_REVOKED I can't seem to find any clear answers to clear up this problem, and it is a high priority...