Windows 10: Windows decided to unexpectedly reinstall itself this morning.

Discus and support Windows decided to unexpectedly reinstall itself this morning. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently bulk updated drivers on my PC (Graphics cards, my drawing tablet, my audio devices, just general maintenance) and all went well. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SparkdaKirin, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Windows decided to unexpectedly reinstall itself this morning.

I recently bulk updated drivers on my PC (Graphics cards, my drawing tablet, my audio devices, just general maintenance) and all went well. This morning Windows showed an option to "update and restart" when I tried to put it to sleep. Thinking I missed an update (was running 1909) I automatically pressed the option and left home for a moment to get supplies.

When I came home the update was at 25% and seemed to be taking its time, nearly an hour later it finally completed. The computer is fine and my files appear intact, but my settings on the taskbar and audio options, etc, have reset to factory. No idea what caused this, hoping for answers more than anything

submitted by /u/SparkdaKirin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SparkdaKirin, Mar 18, 2020
  2. xarzu Win User

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

xarzu, Mar 18, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows decided to unexpectedly reinstall itself this morning. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Windows decided to unexpectedly reinstall itself this morning.

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows decided to unexpectedly reinstall itself this morning.

1. Windows decided to unexpectedly reinstall itself this morning. - Similar Threads - decided unexpectedly reinstall

2. [HELP] gaming laptop restarted unexpectedly this morning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [HELP] gaming laptop restarted unexpectedly this morning: This morning I booted up my gaming laptop and was watching a few videos on youtube when the laptop suddenly black screened and restarted. My laptop was connected to a monitor and the monitor suddenly when black. I've been using this laptop for one year and it has never...
  3. [HELP] gaming laptop restarted unexpectedly this morning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [HELP] gaming laptop restarted unexpectedly this morning: This morning I booted up my gaming laptop and was watching a few videos on youtube when the laptop suddenly black screened and restarted. My laptop was connected to a monitor and the monitor suddenly when black. I've been using this laptop for one year and it has never...
  4. [HELP] gaming laptop restarted unexpectedly this morning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. suddenly my windows10 decided to deactivate itself

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    suddenly my windows10 decided to deactivate itself: Hello everyone I am in need of advice from those more learned than myself...I bought my motherboard and processor 2 years ago,Windows 10 was already activated and Ive never had a problem.However in my infinite stupidity I decided to download and run Windows 11,at first...
  6. suddenly my windows10 decided to deactivate itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    suddenly my windows10 decided to deactivate itself: Hello everyone I am in need of advice from those more learned than myself...I bought my motherboard and processor 2 years ago,Windows 10 was already activated and Ive never had a problem.However in my infinite stupidity I decided to download and run Windows 11,at first...
  7. suddenly my windows10 decided to deactivate itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Reinstalled Windows, Decided to use a Backup drive as Recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reinstalled Windows, Decided to use a Backup drive as Recovery: Lesson learned, don't leave anything else plugged in but your SSD when installing Windows. Is there anyway I can create a volume on this drive and use Recuva to recover data? [img] 153468
  9. Windows 10 unexpected reinstall

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 unexpected reinstall: Today, November 18, Windows 10 Base System was auto installed over my Windows 10 system I have been using for the past 4 months. When I booted up my system this morning I got a message that a restart was required to finished update installation. I checked the Windows update...
  10. Windows reinstalling itself by itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows reinstalling itself by itself: I just received the following note from one of my customers who is better then the average PC user. (As you may be able to tell) Anyone heard of this? Pete -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... HAVE YOU...