Windows 10: Windows default app language

Discus and support Windows default app language in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Okay so i recently wanted to install a japanese language pack for fun. It turns out it was a huge mistake and after installing it, it became my new app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Laurent Pourbaix, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Windows default app language

Okay so i recently wanted to install a japanese language pack for fun. It turns out it was a huge mistake and after installing it, it became my new app language which means i can't fully remove it. Even though i tried to install other languages to replace japanese but it didn't work.

The final question is : How can i completely change my windows default app language?

***moved on english forum***

:)

Laurent Pourbaix, Jan 26, 2020

2. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Jan 26, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Windows default app language

How to Change Windows store and apps language to English

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to assist you.

As per the issue description you are willing to change the language back to English which get changed after installing November update in China.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or with all apps?
    • Is the language of the OS and keyboard in English?

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Set the display language to English by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Time & Language and click on Region & Language from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add a Language under Language settings and select
      English.
    • Click on the added language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download to download the language pack.
    • After the download is complete, select the language and click Set as default.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows default app language

1. Windows default app language - Similar Threads - default app language

2. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...
  3. How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to set default keyboard language to be different than default Windows language: This was no problem with Windows 10, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in Windows 11. I want my Windows 11 language to be completely in English as default. But I need my keyboard by default to be Danish. However, I also need to have the English keyboard installed...
  4. Mismatching windows language and regional format lead to problems with app default languages

Mismatching windows language and regional format lead to problems with app default languages: Conditions: My Windows is set up with English US as its primary language. However, I vastly prefer Russian date&time format dd.mm.yyyy and 24h, so I set it after the initial setup. I think this is where the problems come from.Problems: Some applications of recent note, Nearby...
  5. Mismatching windows language and regional format lead to problems with app default languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mismatching windows language and regional format lead to problems with app default languages: Conditions: My Windows is set up with English US as its primary language. However, I vastly prefer Russian date&time format dd.mm.yyyy and 24h, so I set it after the initial setup. I think this is where the problems come from.Problems: Some applications of recent note, Nearby...
  6. Mismatching windows language and date&time format lead to problems with app default languages

Mismatching windows language and date&time format lead to problems with app default languages: Conditions: My Windows is set up with English US as its primary language. However, I vastly prefer Russian date&time format dd.mm.yyyy and 24h, so I set it after the initial setup. I think this is where the problems come from.Problems: Some applications of recent note, Nearby...
  7. Default app language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default app language: Hi, my windows applications are opening into different language as Hindi and it's showing all its contents and toolbars in that language only. Also this Hindi language was listed first in the language list and I am not able to remove it from Settings>Language menu. Please...
  8. default language

default language: How do I change default language in Office 2016? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-language/d8433cbe-e10e-4868-86cc-a683f310fdad
  9. Default Apps Automatically Displaying Foreign Language

Default Apps Automatically Displaying Foreign Language: Hi there, I recently downloaded a Greek language pack for a unit I'm doing at college and for some reason after downloading it all my default apps are automatically displaying in Greek even though my Windows display language is English. All my other apps are still in English,...
  10. Change Default Language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change Default Language: I was install the windows 10 pro with usb flash driver but the setup is choose no other option the language of Deutsch so I change the language in English. I no understood the deutsch language so please help me....