Windows 10: Windows Default Apps and Windows Store will not open after resetting computer.

Discus and support Windows Default Apps and Windows Store will not open after resetting computer. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Last week, I reset my pc, keeping all my files and only deleting the programs. Now, whenever I try to open Microsoft Store or any windows app, be it... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DivvyJai, May 2, 2021.

1. DivvyJai Win User

Windows Default Apps and Windows Store will not open after resetting computer.

Last week, I reset my pc, keeping all my files and only deleting the programs. Now, whenever I try to open Microsoft Store or any windows app, be it Photos, Calculator, or anything else, they just won't open. They don't even pop up with anything.I've tried so many different solutions already like;- wsreset.exe- sfc /scannow- deleting and reinstalling all windows apps- resetting windows apps manually- trying a different user accountand way more.This is getting really frustrating and I have no idea what else I can do.

:)

DivvyJai, May 2, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 2, 2021
  3. No Windows Store or default apps

I hope I'm posting in the right section here. A while ago I had been having some issues with my machine. To combat this, one of the suggestions I saw was to remove the Windows store and the default apps. At that point I thought it would be temporary or otherwise reversible, and removed it.

Now, however, I can't seem to restore it. I've read that it can be restored by resetting the PC, but I don't want to have to start over to get my store back, as it's been a few months since I've removed it. I need it back for a few key default apps as well as a game only available in the Windows store. Any suggestions will be very appreciated!

ToiletNinja, May 2, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Default Apps and Windows Store will not open after resetting computer. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 2, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Default Apps and Windows Store will not open after resetting computer. - Similar Threads - Default Apps Store

2. Reinstalling default Microsoft apps after windows reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling default Microsoft apps after windows reset: Ive recently reset my windows and deleted everything on my pc and deleted the default apps like my calculator, camera, and Microsoft store I've tried going into power shell and running it as administrator and entering in a code but that's not working...
  3. Reinstalling default Microsoft apps after windows reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling default Microsoft apps after windows reset: Ive recently reset my windows and deleted everything on my pc and deleted the default apps like my calculator, camera, and Microsoft store I've tried going into power shell and running it as administrator and entering in a code but that's not working...
  4. Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login: Hi, I'm having some issues with the Windows default applications. We have several computers that are having their default applications reset upon logging out and in. Specifically, we are forced to set Adobe Reader as the default app fairly often and it only stays for the...
  5. Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login

Windows is resetting the defaults apps after every login: Hi, I'm having some issues with the Windows default applications. We have several computers that are having their default applications reset upon logging out and in. Specifically, we are forced to set Adobe Reader as the default app fairly often and it only stays for the...
  6. Windows 11 Store closes on open after resetting the app and repairing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Store closes on open after resetting the app and repairing it: I cant get the microsoft store to work on windows 11 anymore. before it worked but i couldnt install anything so i tried to repair it which caused to make the app close on open crash basically. Someone please help...
  7. Windows 11 Store closes on open after resetting the app and repairing it

Windows 11 Store closes on open after resetting the app and repairing it: I cant get the microsoft store to work on windows 11 anymore. before it worked but i couldnt install anything so i tried to repair it which caused to make the app close on open crash basically. Someone please help...
  8. Microsoft Store not opening after app reset

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not opening after app reset: I rested the app because I was not able to download apps it was saying acquiring licence and after some times it says error. I saw in YouTube that if you rest the app you can downloaded apps in YouTube and now I cant open the app...
  9. Windows default apps like store, gamebar etc. is missing after reset

Windows default apps like store, gamebar etc. is missing after reset: So my sisters laptop is having a problem with wifi in her laptop and it's also very laggy. her wifi keeps disappearing so i reset it since my friend has the same problem and it worked for him. after the reset process is done, it stil does not have wifi, only ethernet, so i...
  10. No Windows Store or default apps

No Windows Store or default apps: I hope I'm posting in the right section here. A while ago I had been having some issues with my machine. To combat this, one of the suggestions I saw was to remove the Windows store and the default apps. At that point I thought it would be temporary or otherwise reversible,...