Windows 10: Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up

Discus and support Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hey.I recently had tried to access my windowsapps folder by changing some security things but now I cannot open or see any of me default windows apps... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ZohairBaqai, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up

Hey.I recently had tried to access my windowsapps folder by changing some security things but now I cannot open or see any of me default windows apps such as Microsoft store, photos, video player or any of the sort. I am confused on what to do, I have tried to reset the Microsoft store by typing in "wsreset.exe" but that does not work and I cannot see in my windows apps and features to be able to reset it from there. Any suggestions on what I can do?Please and Thank you.

:)

ZohairBaqai, Dec 1, 2021
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 1, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Dec 1, 2021
  4. Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up

default apps not opening in windows 10

Hi,

• Run the SFC.
    Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.

• Select “Run as Administrator”.

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• I would suggest you to run the App troubleshooter and check if that fixes the issue.
    a. Open Control Panel and click on troubleshooting.

b. Click on View All. Click on Windows Apps. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Also refer to:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Anannya Podder, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up

1. Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up - Similar Threads - Default apps opening

2. .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...: Hi.When i open any .pdf file from file explorer, the default app to open and view such files is Notepad.I want to change so that the default app is Google Chrome. This should be easy to do, by going to "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by file type", scroll down until i...
  3. .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .pdf will not show up in the list of files at "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by...: Hi.When i open any .pdf file from file explorer, the default app to open and view such files is Notepad.I want to change so that the default app is Google Chrome. This should be easy to do, by going to "Apps">"Default Apps">"Choose defaults by file type", scroll down until i...
  4. Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up

Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up: Hey.I recently had tried to access my windowsapps folder by changing some security things but now I cannot open or see any of me default windows apps such as Microsoft store, photos, video player or any of the sort. I am confused on what to do, I have tried to reset the...
  5. Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Default apps not opening nor showing up: Hey.I recently had tried to access my windowsapps folder by changing some security things but now I cannot open or see any of me default windows apps such as Microsoft store, photos, video player or any of the sort. I am confused on what to do, I have tried to reset the...
  6. Windows Default not opening nor showing up

Windows Default not opening nor showing up: Hey.I recently had tried to access my windowsapps folder by changing some security things but now I cannot open or see any of me default windows apps such as Microsoft store, photos, video player or any of the sort. I am confused on what to do, I have tried to reset the...
  7. Windows default apps not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows default apps not opening: I reset my password and re named my account by doing these steps windows +r control userpasswords2 clicked on profile properties changed username, clicked off clicked reset password, and clicked apply and then ok right after i tried opening setting to change my lockscreen,...
  8. Windows Store wont open opens up then immediately closes nor any apps from it.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store wont open opens up then immediately closes nor any apps from it.: Literally tried EVERYTHING, wsreset, registry, caches, repairs, external programs, cant even remember most of them, and NOTHING store is LITERALLY BROKEN im so frustrated. It was working fine and then one day bam just out of no where the store doesnt want to open... wsreset...
  9. Java not showing up as a default app.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Java not showing up as a default app.: Whenever I try to change my default .Jar opener to java it doesn't appear. I'm certain that I have installed java.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-not-showing-up-as-a-default-app/f9b27abf-8c35-4a44-9700-040c9067643a
  10. Firefox not showing up in default apps

Firefox not showing up in default apps: I read the blog and it's fix, and I do not know what the guy actually is doing. See: Some firefox problems - Page 22 - Windows 10 Forums