Windows 10: Windows default email client

Discus and support Windows default email client in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; In settings>default Apps I have Outlook set as my default email client However when I right click on a file and select "send to" and then "mail... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Eaglepi, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Eaglepi Win User

Windows default email client

In settings>default Apps I have Outlook set as my default email client However when I right click on a file and select "send to" and then "mail Recipient" windows 10 opens Thunderbird which I have installed but rarely use and know for a fact that it is not my default email client.

Anyone know what might be causing this?

:)

Eaglepi, Oct 15, 2020

2. Default email client issue

Thx Karhicka_R.....I'd gone to: Apps- Settings-System-Default Apps and specified my email client; this didn't do it which was frustrating; your link led me to a different screen which seems to have done it!

roberthalle, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Default email client issue

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• How exactly have you set the email client as default?
    I suggest you to follow the below article and refer to the section “Set default programs” and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/set-program-access-computer-defaults

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Sheri-D Win User

Default email client

Hello Denise,

To change the default mail client, follow these steps:

1. Click on the Start menu.

2. Select settings.

3. Select the Apps icon.

4. Now click on Default apps.

5. Look for the email heading.

6. Click on the current default email client just below the heading.

7. The Choose an app menu should now be in view.

8. Click on the email client you wish to make the default app.

9. Close the Settings window.

I hope this helps.

Sheri-D, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows default email client - Similar Threads - default email client

2. Default email client in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default email client in File Explorer: When I to send a file from Microsoft office or from file explorer the program open for that is not the same as I have defined as predifine email client...
  3. Default email client in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default email client in File Explorer: When I to send a file from Microsoft office or from file explorer the program open for that is not the same as I have defined as predifine email client...
  4. Default email client in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Default email client problem in MS outlook

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Default email client problem in MS outlook: Hi, I keep getting this"either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the message request" error popup whenever I launch outlook. I've tried all the solutions mentioned here and it is still there. I've also tried the Adobe solution posted...
  6. outlook default email client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    outlook default email client: I get this error message when i try to install apple cloud error message ox8007706ba default client client not set in outlook, Although it is set. I have done a repair in outlook to no avail....
  7. Windows Email Client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Email Client: I use Outlook for my email client and have done so without a problem for twelve years. A few days ago I decided to also open a Windows email client and that is when my problem started. Once I did this all my Outlook folders where I store important emails disappeared and...
  8. Default email client changed after 1903

Default email client changed after 1903: Lately since 1903 I'm seeing a periodic new screen telling me to set Outlook as my default email client because it thinks I don't have one set: "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft...
  9. Default email client in File Explorer

Default email client in File Explorer: I want to update the default program for the Mail recipient shortcut file under the SendTo folder in File Explorer. Currently it is stuck on Windows Live Mail, which I no longer use (I have set Outlook2013 as my default email app in Windows10 settings) I followed the...
  10. email client

in Browsers and Email
    email client: I have Windows 10 pro and have been using Windows Mail; unfortunately it is erratic syncing and I just lost a valuable folder. It seems ok at times and I like its simplicity because I am at an average tech level. I have had other issues with it so have discontinued use....