Windows 10: Windows default lock screen causing battery drain during sleep

Discus and support Windows default lock screen causing battery drain during sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/foxfai [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkp7tq/windows_default_lock_screen_causing_battery_drain/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/foxfai, Mar 18, 2020.

1. /u/foxfai Win User

Windows default lock screen causing battery drain during sleep

/u/foxfai, Mar 18, 2020
  2. Keager Win User

Battery drains while on sleep mode.

even mine has a slow battery drain, using Win 8.1. Even when powered off, not in sleep or hibernate, but off. It still uses the battery to keep the clock going.
    Turn off fast start, as suggested, hibernate over sleep as it uses less power, and if you aren't going to use it for several hours, shut it off.

Keager, Mar 18, 2020
  3. Battery drains during Sleep/Shutdown

Hi Rahul,

If you are experiencing battery drains during Sleep or Shutdown, we need to check your battery settings and perform a battery saving. There are two related categories that we need to visit. These are the Power & sleep. Follow the steps below:

• Open the Action Center and click System.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Choose your desired time for Screen and Sleep.
    • Under Related settings, click Additional power settings.
    • We will be prompted to Power Options' control panel.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • We need to customize our power plan, choose between Balanced (recommended) or
      Power Saver.

Let's proceed with battery saving, battery saver feature is the same kind of tools that can be found in mobile phones and tablets. It is off by default and won't turn on if your device is charging. These are the steps:

• Go to the Action Center and choose System.
    • Click Battery saver.
    • Select Battery saver settings. (Note: Battery saver is set to turn on at 20%, but you can set that higher or lower.)
    • Adjust the Battery saver to your desired percentage.

Using these two processes will definitely improve your battery's life.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Ronalene Mat, Mar 18, 2020
  4. Windows default lock screen causing battery drain during sleep

Battery drains while on sleep mode.

Sleep Mode has never been efficient. In all my years of using laptops, I've always just turned them off and on. Battery drain is normal for sleep mode. Some people have had issues with the laptops not powering off completely and draining the battery, but if that's your issue, there is an easy fix. You turn off Fast Startup and check a setting in Device Management under Intel Management Engine.

DeaconFrost, Mar 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows default lock screen causing battery drain during sleep

1. Windows default lock screen causing battery drain during sleep - Similar Threads - default lock screen

2. Battery drain for Windows 11 Default Lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery drain for Windows 11 Default Lock screen: Hello everyone. Does anyone else have issues with seeing abnormally high battery usage by Default Lock Screen? As you can see in the picture above. The process drained 70% overnight. While the laptop was sleeping in my bag. I contacted support and was instructed to uninstall...
  3. Battery drain for Windows 11 Default Lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery drain for Windows 11 Default Lock screen: Hello everyone. Does anyone else have issues with seeing abnormally high battery usage by Default Lock Screen? As you can see in the picture above. The process drained 70% overnight. While the laptop was sleeping in my bag. I contacted support and was instructed to uninstall...
  4. Battery draining generally and during sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery draining generally and during sleep: I have Huawei matebook book 14 i7 for 2 months nowThe laptop battery generally is draining more rapidly than it was before I could estimate that the battery drains after 6 hours only of activity with no video playback and it used to last longer than that, also the battery...
  5. Battery draining generally and during sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery draining generally and during sleep: I have Huawei matebook book 14 i7 for 2 months nowThe laptop battery generally is draining more rapidly than it was before I could estimate that the battery drains after 6 hours only of activity with no video playback and it used to last longer than that, also the battery...
  6. Battery draining generally and during sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Weird battery drain on sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird battery drain on sleep: My laptop seems to drain about 40-50% battery overnight on sleep some days.The sleep study reports of my laptop are attached below. The first image is of when the battery got drained and the second image is of the day when it didn't.I'm not able to figure out what is actually...
  8. Battery drain during sleep

Battery drain during sleep: Hello, I have a problem with my Microsoft Surface Pro 7 running on Windows 10 Home when closing the lid putting it in sleep mode, not hibernation. The problem seems to mainly appear after having it connected to an HDMI device/beamer. The laptop experiences a significant...
  9. Battery drain during sleep

Battery drain during sleep: I have a first gen Microsoft Surface Laptop, with the Core i5 and 8gb RAM. When I close the lid, putting it into sleep mode, the battery still drains quite a lot. For example, if I leave it in sleep over night, the battery can easily go down by 30% or more. During use, the...
  10. Windows Default Lock screen Causing Battery Drain

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Default Lock screen Causing Battery Drain: I have left my laptop in sleep 2 nights in a row and it has woken up in the morning with 10% left. The windows default lock screen uses 35% of my battery in a 6 hour period prior to me waking up the machine. Does anyone else have issues like this or know how to fix it?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows default lock screen draining battery

2. windows default lock screen using battery

3. my window defualt lock screen is consuming all the battery

4. windows default lockscreen high battery usage,
  5. Windows 10 lock screen consuming power