Windows 10: Window's Default Photo Program Cant Open My Images Anymore.. Help!!!

Discus and support Window's Default Photo Program Cant Open My Images Anymore.. Help!!! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After I tried to repair system restore (which still isnt fixed) I try to open an image with window's default photo image program like I usually do. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yahanna, Apr 9, 2019.

1. yahanna Win User

Window's Default Photo Program Cant Open My Images Anymore.. Help!!!

After I tried to repair system restore (which still isnt fixed) I try to open an image with window's default photo image program like I usually do. But I get this message:

Window's Default Photo Program Cant Open My Images Anymore.. Help!!! [​IMG]

Then when I close that window I get this message:

Window's Default Photo Program Cant Open My Images Anymore.. Help!!! [​IMG]

:)

yahanna, Apr 9, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Window's Default Photo Program Cant Open My Images Anymore.. Help!!! :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Apr 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 9, 2019
  4. Window's Default Photo Program Cant Open My Images Anymore.. Help!!!

Can't open image files, default viewer also doesn't work.

Hello,

File corruption is one of the possible reasons why you're having issue opening image files. For us to identify and isolate this issue better, we need to gather more information. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Where are those images located?
    • Any error messages, if there's any?
    • Which program are you using to open those images?
    • What is the file format of the images?

We would suggest using Windows Photo Viewer to open this file and check if it helps. We would also suggest making Windows Photo Viewer as the default program to open pictures and check.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Michelle Vil, Apr 9, 2019
Thema:

Window's Default Photo Program Cant Open My Images Anymore.. Help!!!

1. Window's Default Photo Program Cant Open My Images Anymore.. Help!!! - Similar Threads - Window's Default Photo

2. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  3. the default app for opening images is not photo viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the default app for opening images is not photo viewer: So i download a image from google using save as button and when i open the image it opens paint instead of photo viewer i tried right clicking it and then click open with i went through all options but there was no photo viewer in there i tried creating a shortcut of the...
  4. My windows 11 error. Cant change default program for images/photo. Please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 11 error. Cant change default program for images/photo. Please help me: I have reset and repair my microsoft photos app but still cannot change to another apps or open my images/photo with default program microsoft photos...
  5. My windows 11 error. Cant change default program for images/photo. Please help me

My windows 11 error. Cant change default program for images/photo. Please help me: I have reset and repair my microsoft photos app but still cannot change to another apps or open my images/photo with default program microsoft photos...
  6. Default Image program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Image program: Hi,For years I have used Irfan View as my default Image program but since I purchased a new Laptop with Windows 11 I can find no way to do that. The nearest I found is to make each file extension use Irfan view, As you can imagine, there are far too many files to do that. So,...
  7. Default Image program

Default Image program: Hi,For years I have used Irfan View as my default Image program but since I purchased a new Laptop with Windows 11 I can find no way to do that. The nearest I found is to make each file extension use Irfan view, As you can imagine, there are far too many files to do that. So,...
  8. HELP cant open any programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP cant open any programs: When i open some programs that are not in autostart they keep not responding and then close submitted by /u/Sunbeams_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lvxhbo/help_cant_open_any_programs/
  9. Classic Default Programs not working anymore

Classic Default Programs not working anymore: So as we know, in Windows 10 Redstone 3, the classic Default Programs which gives you full access to what extensions each program handles has been replaced with the very basic PC Settings varian of the Default Programs which doesn't fully associate a program with all the...
  10. Photos Won't Default To My Photo Editing Program

Photos Won't Default To My Photo Editing Program: I'm using a Sony a3000 camera, although I don't think that's the problem. When I download photos on my old computer, which is still running Windows7, my photos go straight to my default program, PaintshopPro. On my laptop, which has Windows 10, I have set PaintshopPro...