Windows 10: Windows defaults to ENG International and I can't remove it.

Discus and support Windows defaults to ENG International and I can't remove it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've added ENG US but I can't make it the primary. It just always selects International no matter how many times I go through and set US as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/StOoPiD_U, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Windows defaults to ENG International and I can't remove it.

I've added ENG US but I can't make it the primary. It just always selects International no matter how many times I go through and set US as the primary/only language selected. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/StOoPiD_U
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/StOoPiD_U, Feb 6, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Windows defaults to ENG International and I can't remove it. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Jaune Bel Win User

Windows defaults to ENG International and I can't remove it.

Removing duplicate app entries from the default files list

Hi Roger,

There's a possibility that Firefox isn't uninstalled completely on your computer. We suggest that you uninstall it in the
    Settings app by following these steps:

• On Start, select that cog icon or Settings.
    • Go to Apps and select the program that you want to uninstall.
    • Select Uninstall and follow the instructions on the screen.

This will completely remove Firefox from your system and from the Default Apps list. You can also check and save this article that in case you need a guide to

repair or remove programs in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further.

If you found our suggestion helpful, kindly mark this post as answer so we can help other Community members that have the same question.

Jaune Bel, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows defaults to ENG International and I can't remove it.

1. Windows defaults to ENG International and I can't remove it. - Similar Threads - defaults ENG International

2. I cannot remove the input indicator ENG SG at the bottom

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot remove the input indicator ENG SG at the bottom: I cannot remove the input indicator ENG SG at the bottom, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-eng-from-taskbar-in-20h2/2217ddb8-a4e4-49c6-b7ac-e24ebeba8d04?from=ContactUsWebBCQR&CorrelationId=d30ce9b1-80fe-492c-96a9-3e2bb110111c the mentioned...
  3. I cannot remove the input indicator ENG SG at the bottom

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot remove the input indicator ENG SG at the bottom: I cannot remove the input indicator ENG SG at the bottom, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-eng-from-taskbar-in-20h2/2217ddb8-a4e4-49c6-b7ac-e24ebeba8d04?from=ContactUsWebBCQR&CorrelationId=d30ce9b1-80fe-492c-96a9-3e2bb110111c the mentioned...
  4. Cannot remove ENG-US

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove ENG-US: Win10 build 19041. I'm using two input language ENG-UK as default and Chinese. It's also showing the same with only two languages in preferred languages in Settings. However, English United States shows up in input method list constantly. I've tried uninstalling in lpksetup,...
  5. Computer stuck with latest update + ENG international dissapeared

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer stuck with latest update + ENG international dissapeared: After the last update my computer did not start and I had to force restart several times until the black screen disappeared. The troubleshooter didn't find any issues after that but some personal config was lost. Computer is slow and takes more time restarting The...
  6. Install windows 10 eng-us from windows Qi international

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 eng-us from windows Qi international: I purchased Windows 10 International by mistake. Can I upgrade my Windows 7 system to Windows 10 English United States from the Windows 10 International software or should I cancel the purchase and buy Windows 10 Home? 145335
  7. Install windows 10 eng-us from windows Qi international

in Windows 10 Support
    Install windows 10 eng-us from windows Qi international: I purchased Windows 10 International by mistake. Can I upgrade my Windows 7 system to Windows 10 English United States from the Windows 10 International software or should I cancel the purchase and buy Windows 10 Home? 145335
  8. How to remove ENG CMS

How to remove ENG CMS: Hi, My PC is set for two languages: ENG (US) using US QWERTY layout and Canadian French using Canadian French QWERTY layout. When I wish to change language using ALT + SHIFT, it switches between ENG CMS, FRA and ENG. How ca I remove ENG CMS so I don't have to enter ALT...
  9. How do I remove "ENG CS" as a 2nd language and "ENG US" from the system tray

How do I remove "ENG CS" as a 2nd language and "ENG US" from the system tray: I reset my Win10 laptop back to factory and wiped all of my personal data so I could send it in for repairs. I don't know why or how it happened, but during the reinstallation process I suddenly had "ENG US" and "ENG CS" (Czech) come up as my two language options. Now "ENG...
  10. ENG

in Windows 10 Support
    ENG: Since the latest big update, I now have the ENG icon in the notification area. I can turn it off with the Input Indicator in settings, but every time I reboot it reappears. How do I get rid of it permanently? Thank You 30609