Windows 10: windows defaults

Discus and support windows defaults in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; is windows defender and firewall good enough or should i look at other software, paid or free 6810 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jamos316, Jun 6, 2015.

1. jamos316 Win User

windows defaults

is windows defender and firewall good enough or should i look at other software, paid or free

:)

jamos316, Jun 6, 2015

2. Program Defaults

Hello, I recently downloaded some mouse cursors, however, while trying to view the animations I set the default program to VLC and now can only see the VLC cone rather than the cursor. I would like to make it so that when I double click on it, it says 'Open
    With...' and shows what it did before (the image of the cursor) but cannot find a way to do so, please help. Thank you

Moved fromwindows defaults :(Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Productivity)

MuradBarakat, Jun 6, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Browser Defaults

Hi Jack, have you tried this method?

Open the Settings App

Go to Apps - Default Apps

At the bottom, click 'Set defaults by app'

Let the list build

Select Opera in the list on the left

On the right, click 'Set this Program as Default'

The text above that button should change to 'This program has all its defaults'

Close the Settings App Windows

DaveM121, Jun 6, 2015
  4. rvbfan Win User

windows defaults

For now I use defender and firewall. We are testing after all. I don't have any critical data on it. After it goes to final release, I will revisit this decision.

rvbfan, Jun 6, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Take a look at this sticky at Eight Forums, then if you have any question we can probably answer them better.

Cliff S, Jun 6, 2015
  6. batlhilz Win User
    im sticking with no extras until i really start to get some true annoying stuff on my computer - which i know i havent installed, but for now, no need (for me atleast) another antivirus/firewall than whats within the win10

batlhilz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

windows defaults

1. windows defaults - Similar Threads - defaults

2. How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?: My wife goes to "https://silversneakers.com" and my router blocks with Threat Prevention and says "ET POLICY TLSv1.0 Used in Session". This is on her Surface Pro 9 tablet running latest Windows 11 version and Edge version. How can I tell Edge or Windows or Local Policy or...
  3. How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?: My wife goes to "https://silversneakers.com" and my router blocks with Threat Prevention and says "ET POLICY TLSv1.0 Used in Session". This is on her Surface Pro 9 tablet running latest Windows 11 version and Edge version. How can I tell Edge or Windows or Local Policy or...
  4. Drive: C not set as system default

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive: C not set as system default: It is normal if volume 2 label C not supposed to be as System? instead my drive Data H is marked as system however when i try like copy or delete any contains file it need permission administrator, is there anyway to turn my drive C default as system?...
  5. Drive: C not set as system default

Drive: C not set as system default: It is normal if volume 2 label C not supposed to be as System? instead my drive Data H is marked as system however when i try like copy or delete any contains file it need permission administrator, is there anyway to turn my drive C default as system?...
  6. I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...: I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.3447, also Edge Version 124.0.2478.51 Official build 64-bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-use-ie-compatibility-however-i-cannot/d20a5544-6bd2-40fa-b4ca-1e16d56f893e
  7. I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...

I need to use IE compatibility, however I cannot see it through Settings > Default browser...: I'm currently using Windows 11 Pro 22H2 22621.3447, also Edge Version 124.0.2478.51 Official build 64-bit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-use-ie-compatibility-however-i-cannot/d20a5544-6bd2-40fa-b4ca-1e16d56f893e
  8. How do I keep my Windows 11 taskbar settings from changing to default upon reboot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I keep my Windows 11 taskbar settings from changing to default upon reboot?: I have changed the settings in the taskbar to align Left instead of align Center, which is the default. However, every reboot, it's back to the center and every time Windows 11 updates, it returns to the default. How do I stop it defaulting to the center every reboot?I'm an...
  9. How do I keep my Windows 11 taskbar settings from changing to default upon reboot?

How do I keep my Windows 11 taskbar settings from changing to default upon reboot?: I have changed the settings in the taskbar to align Left instead of align Center, which is the default. However, every reboot, it's back to the center and every time Windows 11 updates, it returns to the default. How do I stop it defaulting to the center every reboot?I'm an...
  10. What is the "windows Features" default settings for windows 10 Home version 22H2

What is the "windows Features" default settings for windows 10 Home version 22H2: I want the default settings of the windows feature on and off menu for the windows 10 Pro version of 22H2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-windows-features-default-settings-for/6d94e603-85ea-4c5e-b8d4-45e1ce4a7847