Windows 10: Windows Defend change settings button not opening Windows Explorer

Discus and support Windows Defend change settings button not opening Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good day everyone. I am trying to allow a file through the windows defender firewall. The steps below are what I am taking to do so:- I open windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dazjah Otis-Smith, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Windows Defend change settings button not opening Windows Explorer

Good day everyone. I am trying to allow a file through the windows defender firewall. The steps below are what I am taking to do so:- I open windows defender- select "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall"- Click on "Change settings"From here I understand that a file explorer is supposed to open so I may select the file I was to allow. However, nothing opens on my screen. I run Task Manager and I see that the firewall is attempting to open the explorer, but nothing pops up on my screen. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Dazjah Otis-Smith, Jun 13, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 13, 2024
  3. BigMack70 Win User
    Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Jun 13, 2024
  4. Windows Defend change settings button not opening Windows Explorer

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jun 13, 2024
Thema:

Windows Defend change settings button not opening Windows Explorer

1. Windows Defend change settings button not opening Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Defend change settings

2. Windows Defend change settings button not opening Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defend change settings button not opening Windows Explorer: Good day everyone. I am trying to allow a file through the windows defender firewall. The steps below are what I am taking to do so:- I open windows defender- select "Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall"- Click on "Change settings"From here I understand...
  3. Windows Explorer and Settings not opening/working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer and Settings not opening/working: Last week I updated Windows and after the update, Windows Explorer stopped working. The windows button does nothing though shortcuts like windows+R still work. When I first started having issues, I could still access the settings page by running shell:appsfolder but now...
  4. Windows Explorer and Settings not opening/working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer and Settings not opening/working: Last week I updated Windows and after the update, Windows Explorer stopped working. The windows button does nothing though shortcuts like windows+R still work. When I first started having issues, I could still access the settings page by running shell:appsfolder but now...
  5. Windows Explorer and Settings not opening/working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows defender settings wont open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender settings wont open.: Whenever i try to open windows defender in settings, it instantly closes on itself. I try to have a look at the settings, and it still instantly closes, even when i press the button. Is there a way to fix this??I have tried many commands. Even in the services.msc, i cant find...
  7. Windows defender settings wont open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender settings wont open.: Whenever i try to open windows defender in settings, it instantly closes on itself. I try to have a look at the settings, and it still instantly closes, even when i press the button. Is there a way to fix this??I have tried many commands. Even in the services.msc, i cant find...
  8. Windows defender settings wont open.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Can't open windows defender's settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open windows defender's settings: Hello! My PC is protected, when I keep a coded file into the system it removes it and says that the file contains a virus or threat but when I tried to get this file into excluded folder/file, I can't open settings of windows security, no "virus and thread protection...
  10. Problem in changing Settings of Windows Defender.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem in changing Settings of Windows Defender.: Hello friends, I am facing a problem on my laptop because of which Microsoft Edge is automatically opening with this link.(http://laserveradedomaina.com/redirect/57a764d042bf8) And I can't ON the Real Time protection of windows defender. "This setting Is managed by your...