Windows 10: Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???

Discus and support Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they??? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been using Windows Defender for years, and Microsoft Security Essentials before that. I haven't had any problems with either one-- but in the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Michael_102, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???

I have been using Windows Defender for years, and Microsoft Security Essentials before that. I haven't had any problems with either one-- but in the last day or two the Windows Defender icon in my system tray has been showing a yellow caution sign on it, and if I hover my mouse pointer over the icon it says "Actions recommended." However, when I open Windows Defender everything shows a green check and says "No action needed." How can I find out what is causing the yellow caution sign? All Windows updates have been downloaded and applied, the Windows Defender is up to date. and the last scan (which was done automatically after the caution sign appeared) shows no threats found.

:)

Michael_102, Jul 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 Defender Actions Recommended

This is an unacceptable workaround at best. I'm not going to blindly do this every time Windows Update decides to push out an update, which can happen at any time, and has happened at any time.

Where can I find the Actions Recommended list?

Since there is a notification, there must be a list of what those notifications are, even if it tells me there was a problem because of a virus checker. We have had this issue for months (including my old laptop), and this is a new machine doing the same
    thing.

What you are telling me seems to imply that we will get notified even if there are, in fact, no action items. This would indeed be a bug in Windows Defender Action Notifications, would it not?

Kelly Craven, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Defender Actions Recommended

Windows 10 Defender repeatedly tells me there are Actions Recommended. (yellow ! icon)

What are they?

Where can I find out where they are listed?

There are none listed in Windows Defender. (all green)

Running scans, online and offline, finds nothing. There are no notifications.

This is a repeated occurrence, and worrisome. It has become the boy who cried wolf, to the point that I have become so annoyed that if there were a real threat of some kind I won't believe Windows Defender.

In other words, if there are no actual Actions Recommended then why continue to tell us there are?

This bug needs fixing.

Moved from: Windows /

Windows 10
    /
    Performance & system failures
    /
    PC

4. Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???

Windows Defender Actions Recommended

"Windows Defender Actions Recommended"

Open Windows Defender and all is green. There are no actions recommended, or none they we the customers can see. THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO. So, what are we expected to do?

I've been through MS Community and other help forums. None of the suggestions "fix" this, and many are convoluted workarounds that don't address the problem

The best suggestion so far is to turn off the icon on the taskbar. Yep...let's sweep it under the rug. If you can't see the requests to do something when there isn't a real problem then how are we to see notifications when there is indeed a problem that needs
    addressing?

Specifically, this started AGAIN this morning, 6/68/2017, on a laptop that has been "green" since a week after the Creator Update came down. There were no updates since yesterday. What changed?

Yes, this machine does use a third party virus checker. It is set to have Windows Defender periodically scan. Functionality to "scan now"

has been removed from Windows Defender. The whole interface is screwed so it's difficult to know what to do, where to find things, where to even look for these notifications.

What have I done today? I've checked all settings. Made sure everything is up to date. Rebooted a couple of times. After each reboot Windows Defender is "green" for a few minutes, then it turns "yellow". Obviously, it's scanning after the reboot and finding
    something.

How do I find out what the issue is that needs addressing?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Thema:

Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???

1. Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they??? - Similar Threads - Defender Actions recommended

2. Windows defender yellow triangle warning saying Actions recommended.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender yellow triangle warning saying Actions recommended.: Lately I noticed, that I have this warning icon on my windwos defender icon. One thing, that confuses me is when I start or reset my PC is says, that everything is ok, but after some time I don't know how long it takes as I usually forget to check it. it turns to yellow...
  3. Windows Security Windows Defender permanently on "Action Recommended" status.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security Windows Defender permanently on "Action Recommended" status.: Hello, everyone!Since today I have an "Actions Recommended" notification permanently spamed from Windows Defender.Source of the notification is "Device Security -> Microsoft Vulnerable Driver Blocklist". The option is disabled and I'm not really sure if it was enable before...
  4. Windows Security Windows Defender permanently on "Action Recommended" status.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Windows Defender permanently on "Action Recommended" status.: Hello, everyone!Since today I have an "Actions Recommended" notification permanently spamed from Windows Defender.Source of the notification is "Device Security -> Microsoft Vulnerable Driver Blocklist". The option is disabled and I'm not really sure if it was enable before...
  5. Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed: Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-actions-recommended-but-no/a266784b-d45e-4246-b2c9-5f4f71d024ca
  6. Don't know what "Actions Recommended" means

Don't know what "Actions Recommended" means: Greetings, I tried asking this in Microsoft Answers and have tried all the responses there. I created a second standard user account, and Windows Defender Security Center says "Actions Recommended." When I open it, Security at a glance shows all icons green. On my...
  7. Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard

Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon -- None shown in Dashboard: Hi, My laptop is displaying the Windows Defender Actions Recommended Icon, but when I open the dashboard, I cannot find anything to resolve. I also have Avast installed. Best...
  8. Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed: hi All, Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed when I click it, it shows a exclamation mark inside yellow triangle, but security dashboard is all green. Not sure why Windows defender keeps showing yellow exclamation when there is nothing to worry...
  9. Windows Defender, Actions recommended

Windows Defender, Actions recommended: For two days now I've had the actions recommended on windows defender highlighted. Everything is green in the security details, and I am given no suggestions on what to do to get rid of it. What do I do?...
  10. Windows Defender - Actions recommended, but everything is fine?

Windows Defender - Actions recommended, but everything is fine?: So I did a fresh install of the latest Insider Preview build, but it seems that defender has a couple of issues? Anyone has any idea what it might be the cause? [img] [img] 101324

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender says action needed

2. windows defender actions needed red cross

3. when window defender suggestion action needed but nothin seems checked

4. windows defender shows action needed,
  5. Windows defender actions meanings,
  6. windows 10 threat action,
  7. meaning of windows security action needed,
  8. yhy does my security have a cross stating action needed but when i go to go to my windows defender all is ticked and ok,
  9. action needed but evertyhing is up to date,
  10. what are recommended actions for antivirus,
  11. why in windows security does it say action recommended,
  12. windows defender showing red cross,
  13. defender actions meaning,
  14. windows defender with red cross and action needed words,
  15. windows defender shows action needed after update