Windows 10: Windows Defender - Additional Insights

Discus and support Windows Defender - Additional Insights in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Being familiar with third party anti-virus's such as Kaspersky and Norton, I find my self compelled to ask a question relating to windows defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by michaelpahlke1, May 18, 2019.

1. Windows Defender - Additional Insights

Being familiar with third party anti-virus's such as Kaspersky and Norton, I find my self compelled to ask a question relating to windows defender versioning.

Allow me to elaborate. I am a home user which means I have basic protection, no server, no ATP, no PUA/Pup protection as I would have in the corporate world. How am I a home user protected out side of the signature based cloud protection and real-time protection against software threats like viruses, malware and spyware across email, apps, the cloud and the web and ransom ware

A lot labs are rating the product high

AV-TEST av-test org

AV-comparatives AV-Comparatives

MRG-Effita Mrg-effita

SE Labs SE Labs

However information on the web states that there are weaknesses EG: use malwarebytes in addition.

I am simply trying to get my head around the home user, windows defender protection what is included with the product and what is not included. Eg Tamper protection was turned on, but once turned on the option disappeared for some reason.

Insights would be appreciated

:)

michaelpahlke1, May 18, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

windows defender

Hi Ronald,

For us to better assist your concern, we would like to know some additional information to isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Cyber_Defend_Team on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, May 18, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Sticky Notes "Insights" not working with handwriting

Hi ManuelGarces,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Have you tried to check the settings on the Sticky Note App if the
      Enable Insights is off?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

Method1: Try enable insights in Sticky notes.

1. Open the Sticky Notes app.
    2. Click/tap on the 3 dots menu button, and click/tap on Settings.
    3. Click/tap on Enable insights to toggle to disable (uncheck) or enable (check) it

Method 2: Fix problem with apps.

I suggest you to follow this article on
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    , an check if that helps.

Method 3: Reset Sticky Notes in Windows 10.

1. Open the Settings Navigate to
      Apps and then select Apps & features.
    2. Look for the Sticky Notes
      entry and click on the same to select it. You should now see
      Advanced options link
    3. Click Advanced
      options link to open Storage usage and app reset page.
    4. Click the Reset button. When you see the confirmation, click the
      Reset button to reset the Sticky Notes
      app.
    5. Restart the PC once you reset the
      Sticky Notes
      app.

Re-install sticky notes app from the Microsoft store and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, May 18, 2019
  4. Windows Defender - Additional Insights

Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, May 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender - Additional Insights

1. Windows Defender - Additional Insights - Similar Threads - Defender Additional Insights

2. Is additional anti-virus software recommended with Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is additional anti-virus software recommended with Windows Defender?: Is additional anti-virus software recommended with Windows Defender? I'm thinking I may be better off turning off my #1 ranked anti-virus program which I think stinks, and only tries to sell me expensive upgrades and just use Defender. My anti-virus program didn't block a...
  3. Is additional anti-virus software recommended with Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is additional anti-virus software recommended with Windows Defender?: Is additional anti-virus software recommended with Windows Defender? I'm thinking I may be better off turning off my #1 ranked anti-virus program which I think stinks, and only tries to sell me expensive upgrades and just use Defender. My anti-virus program didn't block a...
  4. Win+X insight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win+X insight: The following applies to BOTH Win10 and Win11Rt Clk Win logo gives a very useful menu and items that can be clicked. BUT:If Win+X is used instead to see that menu one can notice each item has an underlined letter. Win+X+that letter will take you directly to that item. It...
  5. Win +X insight

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win +X insight: The following applies to BOTH Win10 and Win11Rt Clk Win logo gives a very useful menu and items that can be clicked. BUT:If Win+X is used instead to see that menu one can notice each item has an underlined letter. Win+X+that letter will take you directly to that item. It...
  6. Microsoft Outlook - Insights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Outlook - Insights: Why is the so called 'Insights' in Outlook suggesting to me when to send an email? If I start work at 6 am and need to send some sort of information to a coworker, he will read it, when he can get to it. I don't need Microsoft to distract me with a stupid comment, suggesting...
  7. INSIGHTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INSIGHTS: How to reinstall insights application IN MICROSOFT TEAMS after deletion ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insights/41040cd2-8787-4645-bdaa-ef6dcb1b148a
  8. INSIGHTS

INSIGHTS: How to reinstall insights application IN MICROSOFT TEAMS after deletion ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insights/41040cd2-8787-4645-bdaa-ef6dcb1b148a
  9. windows defender + or - an additional security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender + or - an additional security: is windows defender all that is needed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-or-an-additional-security/8d12597f-1c61-4056-a1d1-66474b107c69
  10. Insights not working

Insights not working: I'm using 'tomorrow' word in my sticky note's notes then too reminder isn't getting set even my insights are on plz solve this issue as soon as possible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insights-not-working/a6b2a5c0-facf-45eb-a905-7a39bc1c51bb