Windows 10: Windows Defender Advanced Scan Shortcut

Discus and support Windows Defender Advanced Scan Shortcut in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; If I access Windows Defender from the system tray icon and try to run an advanced scan, it will not run. Nothing happens. I don't know why. I've... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kitpzyxmsir, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Advanced Scan Shortcut

If I access Windows Defender from the system tray icon and try to run an advanced scan, it will not run. Nothing happens. I don't know why. I've searched for answers but nothing works. Quick Scan is ok.

So I found these handy shortcuts for Windows Defender Full scans, but I'm wondering if they can be refined to just do an advanced scan of only my C:\ OS partition.

How to create shortcuts to start a Windows Defender scan on Windows 10 | Windows Central

thanks

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Brian Cab Win User

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Windows defender advanced scan extreme cpu overload

I routinely do Windows defender advanced scans. Up until about 2 weeks ago, that is.

All of a sudden the scan was completely maxing out my cpu. I wouldn't say it crashed the computer, but if I tried to do the simplest task while it was running, it rendered the machine unusable due to the draining of resources. Not to mention the scan would disappear, but was still running in the background. The only thing I could do at that point was to wait until it was done scanning, or shut down the unit

I found this thread that's about a year old, followed some of the suggestions, but nothing really helps.

I have no problem with the Quick scan.

High CPU usage when Windows Defender perform a Full Scan in Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

Windows Defender is my only virus protection, so there is nothing to create a conflict.

I put my defender installer folders in the excluded list. I changed my power settings from High Performance to Balanced.

I ran chkdsk /scan, sfc /scannow, dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, and a Memory diagnostic. All normal.

Finally, I did a fresh install.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

kitpzyxmsir, Aug 14, 2019
  4. Windows Defender Advanced Scan Shortcut

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Advanced Scan Shortcut

1. Windows Defender Advanced Scan Shortcut - Similar Threads - Defender Advanced Scan

2. Windows Defending scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defending scanning: When it comes to scanning results and scan options, they don't exactly match with what actually has been done.For example, I was scanning a map share last night on my was from Windows 10 over wi-fi connection, the scan took all night, and since it was over map share it was a...
  3. Shortcut Defender Advanced Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Shortcut Defender Advanced Firewall: Hi, How can I create a shortcut for Microsoft Defender Advanced Firewall? I don't know the exact path Thanks 176099
  4. Shortcut Defender Advanced Firewall

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut Defender Advanced Firewall: Hi, How can I create a shortcut for Microsoft Defender Advanced Firewall? I don't know the exact path Thanks 176099
  5. windows defender scan?

windows defender scan?: hello everyone I am trying to scan but the scan does not start and does not scan[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-scan/d932227a-f161-4867-a89c-b559d1441f0e
  6. Windows defender advanced scan extreme cpu overload

Windows defender advanced scan extreme cpu overload: I routinely do Windows defender advanced scans. Up until about 2 weeks ago, that is. All of a sudden the scan was completely maxing out my cpu. I wouldn't say it crashed the computer, but if I tried to do the simplest task while it was running, it rendered the machine...
  7. windows defender is not scanning

windows defender is not scanning: that shows a notification that group or resource is not in state https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/windows-defender-is-not-scanning/e77931e3-9d2d-402b-9172-11787928475d
  8. Windows Defender crashes when i click ''Run a new advanced scan''

Windows Defender crashes when i click ''Run a new advanced scan'': it freezes when i press the button, so i cannot do things like full scan. fast scan works fine though. how can i fix this?...
  9. Windows Defender Run New Advanced Scan Crashes To Desktop

Windows Defender Run New Advanced Scan Crashes To Desktop: Up until a month ago, never had a problem running a full scan. After last big update when I open WD and select "Run New Advanced Scan" it crashes To desktop. I can run quick scan no problem. Windows 10 64-bit on desktop computer. I've run sfc /scannow with no issues...
  10. Create Windows Defender Offline Scan shortcut in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Windows Defender Offline Scan shortcut in Windows 10: How to: Create Windows Defender Offline Scan shortcut in Windows 10 [img] Information On Windows 10, Windows Defender Offline is completely automated. This means Windows Defender when it identifies advanced malware will recommend that Windows Defender Offline be run and...