Windows 10: Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection

Discus and support Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am wondering if this is a scam? I received an order confirmation email that looks pretty authentic stating that I ordered the Microsoft Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by uauttano, Apr 15, 2021.

1. uauttano Win User

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection

I am wondering if this is a scam? I received an order confirmation email that looks pretty authentic stating that I ordered the Microsoft Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Firewall for $299.99, I did not order it. I called the number listed 877-545-5306 to cancel but it just didn't feel right and I ended up hanging up before I said too much. Please verify that this is a scam.

:)

uauttano, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service - Error 1067

Are you running the PC on an enterprise network and logging on to a domain? If not, the Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service won't run and shouldn't be started. It's not intended for stand-alone PCs.

Announcing Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection for Enterprise

The service that should be running (on Automatic) is Windows Defender Antivirus Service. If you have Cloud-based protection and Automatic sample submission turned on the (Manual) Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service should also be running.

The previously suggested in-place repair install is quite painless and preserves all your installed apps, settings and files. It should fix things if you can't get them going yourself.

3. winxp Win User
    Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection?

I'm using Win10 Pro and just recently noticed that I have a directory named
    "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection"

I'm using Malwarebytes Premium Licensed version and Defender together.

If this something MS added to the present defender or is this a pay for addition?

Is the directory needed as it seems that "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" is a for more big boy setups for businesses.

Can anyone explain.
    Thank you

winxp, Apr 15, 2021
  4. reginaYM Win User

WINDOWS DEFENDER ADVANCED THREAT PROTECTION

I am unable to start the Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection. It begins to start but almost immediately stops.

I get a message from Services that reads:

"The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

I don't understand that. Of course it's not in use because I'm unable to start it.

I wanted to include a screen shot but I don't know how to upload it. Would like directions.

Thank you.

reginaYM, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection - Similar Threads - Defender Advanced Threat

2. Microsoft Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection: Will Microsoft ever indicate an invoice number and then indicate Microsoft will deduct money from some account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-defender-advanced-threat/3c01d8ce-e3c2-4611-a6e7-baab3a130c5b
  3. FRAUD/SAM Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection.

FRAUD/SAM Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection.: I received an email this morning that my credit card will be charged $397.92 for Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection. I NEVER signed up or bought this. The email is from a gmail account that you cannot reply to. They give you a phone number to call, but of course...
  4. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection....Cost?

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection....Cost?: Dear User, Thank you for using Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection . This is an invoice for your recent purchase. Thank you on the completion of your 3 years. We tried to contact you on your registered number for queries but could not get through. Amount Due: 249.99...
  5. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Subscription Renewal

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Subscription Renewal: I know this is a scam - is there any way to report this to the authorities? ...and it appears to be going around again: Order Date Nov 3, 2020 Order Id: 254-8632541-875424 Dear Customer, Thanks for using Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection. This is an important...
  6. Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection

Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection: Good day, We have a lot of Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection licenses under our Microsoft 365 admin center. need to find out if these are standalone licenses that i can use on our enterprise workstations that are running a mixture of windows 7 , 8.1 and 10?...
  7. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection?

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection?: I'm using Win10 Pro and just recently noticed that I have a directory named "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" I'm using Malwarebytes Premium Licensed version and Defender together. If this something MS added to the present defender or is this a pay for addition?...
  8. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection?: I'm using Win10 Pro and just recently noticed that I have a directory named "Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection" I'm using Malwarebytes Premium Licensed version and Defender together. If this something MS added to the present defender or is this a pay for addition?...
  9. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) - for consumers?

Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) - for consumers?: Just wondering if there is any way that consumers like us can enroll in this service? WDATP - Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection 58037
  10. Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Preview Expands

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Preview Expands: We hear most frequently from our enterprise customers how much they value the advanced productivity, security, and device management capabilities in Windows 10. These capabilities are key factors that have led to 83% of our enterprise customers in active pilots and the...