Windows 10: Windows Defender after restore

Discus and support Windows Defender after restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ever since a restore on windows 10 my Windows Defender is not working. Windows is asking me to turn on virus protection. When I go to Windows security... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MichaelRiley7753, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Windows Defender after restore

Ever since a restore on windows 10 my Windows Defender is not working. Windows is asking me to turn on virus protection. When I go to Windows security , device security I have a notice that reads: Standard hardware security not provided. Your device does not meet requirements....

I went into component services and tried to turn on Windows Defender without any luck. I can not get any of the 3 items to run,

Advanced Threat Protection Services, Antivirus Network Inspection Service or Antivirus Service to run. Antivirus Service claims it cannot find the file.

I looked and the executable file path was not there. The other 2 services windows cannot find: WinDefend and WdNisSvc.

Any way to update or fix Widows Defender?

Thanks, Mike

:)

MichaelRiley7753, Nov 28, 2020

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Nov 28, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows Defender after restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Windows Defender after restore

How can I get my files restored from Windows Defender quarantine?

No, you defend them. Windows Defender after restore :p They're not for Windows 10 and don't address my question.

As I said, I've already clicked Restore and it doesn't restore them. I have also already added them to the Allowed list.

wearenotamused, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender after restore

1. Windows Defender after restore - Similar Threads - Defender restore

2. Restore Windows Defender on systray registry file help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Windows Defender on systray registry file help: I'm really bad with computers and I would like some help if it is possible. The icon for the windows defender doesn't appear on my systray and I've tried all of the above options on this forum. My last option is try and use the .reg file on option 5, but I do not know if they...
  3. Windows Defender and Backup and Restore interaction

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender and Backup and Restore interaction: I went to do a Backup and Restore on a Windows 10 computer, only to have the backup fail with a report of malware being found. But wait!! Windows Defender is running, how does that happen? Discocvered that Defender didn't deal with a number issues, etx. But I'm...
  4. Windows defender threat restored or removed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender threat restored or removed: so i accidentaly restored and now im worried will the file infect my pc please respond https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-threat-restored-or-removed/a7a6918a-ff73-4426-babe-a02f3a0af00b
  5. How do I get Microsoft Defender to scan a restored file?

How do I get Microsoft Defender to scan a restored file?: I ran a Defender scan on a folder, and it came back with a positive hit. I quarantined the file. Later I wanted to examine the file, so I restored it. Once I made a copy, I wanted Defender to quarantine it again, so I ran a custom scan on the folder where the file resides. I...
  6. Windows defender showing threads removed or restored

Windows defender showing threads removed or restored: When i am going to install a software,i saw a notification which shows windows defender found 2 threads.Then I opened the windows defender and then go through protection history,it shows threads are quarantined.So,I removed that threads.After that the windows defender shows...
  7. How to Restore Windows Defender

How to Restore Windows Defender: I've lost quiken date; spent two hours trying to fix it; they say it's an issue with Defender. How do I restore Defender to factory settings - had no problems until I started to improve my security settings. [Original Title: qUIKEN]...
  8. Windows defender quarantined a PHP file I have been working on and restore doesn't seem to work

Windows defender quarantined a PHP file I have been working on and restore doesn't seem to work: I was mapped into one of my servers and Window Security claimed that a text file I've been working projects.php on was a virus and quarantined it. This took me by surprise since I'm not in the habit of writing viruses and I don't think I could if I wanted to. Anyway, I saw...
  9. Windows defender: can't restore files that have been moved

Windows defender: can't restore files that have been moved: I moved a few files between my hard drives and windows defender removed them so i went to restore them but clicking restore didnt do anything...
  10. Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?

Threat Detection in Windows Defender Removed or Restored ?: My windows virus and threat protection software picked up on this: SoftwareBundler:Win32/Prepscram and said it was "Removed and Restored." I assume that means the threat was quarantined, then removed, then the file it affected was restored. When ı click only option to make...