Windows 10: Windows Defender Alert: “Behavior:Win32/SuspBrowserCredDiscovery.A”

Discus and support Windows Defender Alert: “Behavior:Win32/SuspBrowserCredDiscovery.A” in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I receive a daily alert from Windows Defender telling me it has blocked the following severe threat: “Behavior:Win32/SuspBrowserCredDiscovery.A”.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by j.j.w, Nov 28, 2021.

1. j.j.w Win User

Windows Defender Alert: “Behavior:Win32/SuspBrowserCredDiscovery.A”

I receive a daily alert from Windows Defender telling me it has blocked the following severe threat: “Behavior:Win32/SuspBrowserCredDiscovery.A”. Please tell me how I can eliminate this threat and what the source is. Is it possibly a Windows 10 component? If not please help solve my problem. I’m running Windows 10 Pro, Version: 21H2, OS build: 19044.1348, 64-bit. Thank you.

:)

j.j.w, Nov 28, 2021
  2. Reldel Win User

Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10  

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    Windows Defender Alert: “Behavior:Win32/SuspBrowserCredDiscovery.A” [​IMG]

Windows Defender Alert: “Behavior:Win32/SuspBrowserCredDiscovery.A” [​IMG]

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, Nov 28, 2021
  3. Billy Med Win User
    Emergency Alerts

Hi Stephanie,

Just to confirm, is this the same thing that you tried on your phone, in order to turn off Amber Alerts?

• Open Settings.
    • Tap on System.
    • Tap on Messaging.
    • Tap on the Change emergency alert settings link.
    • Turn on or off the emergency alerts you want.

Let us know if this was the same thing that you tried.

We would also suggest to reset your phone after doing these steps to ensure that the changes on your phone's settings will be refreshed.

Simply press and hold the Power and Volume down button for 15 seconds and then release your hold afterwards.

Billy Med, Nov 28, 2021
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Nov 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Alert: “Behavior:Win32/SuspBrowserCredDiscovery.A” - Similar Threads - Defender Alert “Behavior

2. Windows defender alert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender alert: While working on my laptop this morning I was on Facebook. I clicked on something can't remember what tho and a screen came up saying Microsoft Defender had locked my PC due to a possible virus and to call 1 866 276-9140. It scared me so bad that I shut down my laptop. Then I...
  3. Windows defender alert

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender alert: While working on my laptop this morning I was on Facebook. I clicked on something can't remember what tho and a screen came up saying Microsoft Defender had locked my PC due to a possible virus and to call 1 866 276-9140. It scared me so bad that I shut down my laptop. Then I...
  4. Windows defender alert

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H: My windows defender detected a virus Win32/Floxif.H and I tried removing it through windows defender following a full scan + Offline scan. Also used several other softwares like rkiller. but now after restarting the windows defender is acting weird:...
  6. Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender detected Win32/Floxif.H: My windows defender detected a virus Win32/Floxif.H and I tried removing it through windows defender following a full scan + Offline scan. Also used several other softwares like rkiller. but now after restarting the windows defender is acting weird:...
  7. Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A

Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A: Hi, for the past few days I've been getting notifications about VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D and VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.A. I tried to remove them in windows defender but when I restart my laptop I get notification again. I tried using Malwarebytes and Avast but they are not...
  8. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender: Just saw this show up on our virus report on one system and one critical server. Microsoft info on it is non-existent and only 5 days old, however. Anyone else see this? Is it just a false positive from turning AV off temporarily at some point in the past? Thanks in advance!...
  9. Windows Defender Alert Notifications

Windows Defender Alert Notifications: My Windows Defender icon on my task bar shows an alert notification and says "actions recommended." But when I open the Windows Defender Security Center, none of the categories show an alert symbol. Why would these not be synced with one another?...
  10. Windows Defender Default Behavior

Windows Defender Default Behavior: I just started using Windows Defender on my new Windows 10 PC. I uninstalled the Mcafee trial software through the control panel then used the Mcafee uninstall program as well. Initially, Defender wanted to run a quick scan which I did. My question is this: By default, in...