Windows 10: Windows Defender always active?

Discus and support Windows Defender always active? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How can I deactivate Win Defender for good? I use Avira, but sometimes I get "Win Def needs attention" or such. How can I tell my PC that I use a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by tedheubachTedHeubach, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Windows Defender always active?

How can I deactivate Win Defender for good?

I use Avira, but sometimes I get "Win Def needs attention" or such. How can I tell my PC that I use a different scanner?

:)

tedheubachTedHeubach, Apr 15, 2019

2. Cannot activate Windows Defender

On my laptop "Toshiba Satellite L455" I did upgradation to W-10 from W-7 (original).

There is no antivirus program on this PC.

I wanted Windows Defender to run. But it says that it is switched off.

Want to activate it.

On opening Windows defender, there is no option to activate it.

In step 2 of your suggestion, it says:

"Windows could not start the Windows Defender Network Inspection Service on local computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start"

Can you pl give a method to activate the defender?

PrakashVarkhedkar, Apr 15, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Le Boule Win User

Windows Defender always active?

problem in activating windows defender.

The behavior you are describing is typical if there are remnants of a third party program installed.

Run the McAfee Removal Tool again and reboot the computer…

If that doesn’t fix it see the following:

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled if there is a program other than Windows Defender
    listed.

Have you tried the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    ?

Le Boule, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender always active?

1. Windows Defender always active? - Similar Threads - Defender always active

2. CPU always 100 due Windows Defender

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU always 100 due Windows Defender: Hey,I'm recently facing a problem with Windows Defender. A few weeks ago I did a system reset because of a system failure and bsod. I was used to use Eset Antivirus but now I'm using just Win Defender. Every time I start up my HP Probook 430 G5 my CPU is always at 100%. In...
  3. CPU always 100 due Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU always 100 due Windows Defender: Hey,I'm recently facing a problem with Windows Defender. A few weeks ago I did a system reset because of a system failure and bsod. I was used to use Eset Antivirus but now I'm using just Win Defender. Every time I start up my HP Probook 430 G5 my CPU is always at 100%. In...
  4. CPU always 100 due Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows defender activation

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender activation: I can not activate windwos defender on my device. in settings i do not have option for activate https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-activation/52864a19-5170-4383-a346-7f00cf0c02a0
  6. Active window change color always

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active window change color always: Every time I’ve had a new computer, sincing being at school, I have been able to change all the pages/boxes with a white background sheet in any office or Windows application, very simply to my preferred shade of lilac. As I am dyslexic and this greatly helps. You can...
  7. windows defender not activated

windows defender not activated: in my new acer pc an antivirus named Norton is preinstalled and I used that antivirus until it expires. then I uninstalled that antivirus and tried to use windows defender but when I tried to run the quick scan it says that "your it administrator has limited access to some...
  8. defender not activating

defender not activating: trying to turn on defender after removing avg - not allowing to even as administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/defender-not-activating/13e81003-660c-4533-a7ed-22fefabdc59e"
  9. Windows Defender notification icon activity is always started twice

Windows Defender notification icon activity is always started twice: Hi I have Windows 10 v1709 Enterprise 64 bit and I noticed that if, after logging in, I display the Start tab in Task Management, the Windows Defender notification icon activity is always started twice. Why? Thanks Bye 100059
  10. Windows Defender will not activate

Windows Defender will not activate: Perhaps a year ago, a friend paid someone to provide a new computer. It is some HP model that came with Windows 8.1 pre-installed. It possibly also came from HP with one of the big name (Norton, McAfee, or whoever) "security scan" application installed. A freeware antivirus...