Windows 10: windows defender and firewall not starting

Discus and support windows defender and firewall not starting in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After windows update version 1903 and 1909, i have been facing issues with windows defender and firewall, they do not seem to start and is showing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rahul Surya, Apr 8, 2020.

1. windows defender and firewall not starting

After windows update version 1903 and 1909, i have been facing issues with windows defender and firewall, they do not seem to start and is showing error, i tried to manually start in services.msc but it was of no use, the start option is not even usable.I do not have a third party antivirus which could block windows defender,

I tried running the firewall troubleshoot, but it also rendered useless. i have tried reinstalling firewall using cmd, still no hopes

I have attached all the possible images so you could help me out.

windows defender and firewall not starting d00dde41-f231-4292-9757-2b19246844df?upload=true.png windows defender and firewall not starting affb65bc-1ceb-441d-9c22-99bb33830c49?upload=true.png windows defender and firewall not starting 359c1755-3f69-4fcd-a1d2-899c651ae99a?upload=true.png windows defender and firewall not starting 217da125-d438-4520-9035-82594184d355?upload=true.png

:)

Rahul Surya, Apr 8, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Windows Defender Firewall error code 0x800706d9

Hi AnudieKatz.

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Since you are facing an issue with the Windows Defender firewall, I would like to ask you few questions to get a better picture.

1. Are you using any other Anti-virus software?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Have you tried installing Picture viewer and Calendar app after it getting uninstalled?

Based on your information, I would like to inform you that if you are using third party anti-virus program Windows defender will automatically turn off from your system you will not able turn it on manually.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1: Check the following services and ensure it is started.

1. Press Windows and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type Services.msc and hit Enter.
    3. Search for the following services:
    • Base filtering engine Service
    • Remote Procedure Call Service
    • Windows defender firewall service
    4. Start the above services and reboot the device.

Method 2: I would suggest you to try running the troubleshooter to enable the firewall. Use the below link to run the troubleshooter.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...agnose-and-fix-problems-with-windows-firewall

If you are still facing the same issue after following the above steps, revert with the details asked.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 8, 2020
  4. windows defender and firewall not starting

firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

windows defender and firewall not starting

1. windows defender and firewall not starting - Similar Threads - defender firewall starting

2. windows defender firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender firewall: windows defender firewall can't change some of your settings error code 0x8007042c https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall/ae8be3dd-28d4-4ca8-8ba5-635991a96806
  3. Windows Defender Firewall doesn't want to start.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Firewall doesn't want to start.: Last week on sunday i rebooted my laptop so that the 3 or 4 updates that were downloaded, could install. After the reboot I was greeted by a desktop notification that said that the Windows Defender Firewall was turned off. So i went into the firewall settings (control panel)...
  4. Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Firewall/Windows Defender Firewall: I keep getting this security notification the says: "Firewall and Network Protection - Turn on Windows Firewall" see attached screenshots. 4 of the screenshots says/indicate that the firewall is turned on, but the security notification still pops up saying to turn on...
  5. Windows defender firewall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows defender firewall: I have updated my system windows10 x2004 After the restart i got a notification asking me to turn on the windows defender firewall I have tried to turn it on by clicking on the notification but the settings would nt open I have also noticed that all my apps stopped...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: I am trying to do a device update for my HP Deskjet Printer and Defender has blocked some features on all public and private networks. I was prompted to this update by the HP Support Assistant. What are the risks of allowing an app through a firewall?...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: How to add Public check mark to Wifi App in Allow Thru Firewall (Private has a check mark) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall/c08f4f55-7a1e-41d9-a5d1-a13718bda386"
  8. Windows Defender Firewall

Windows Defender Firewall: Hi, Any idea how to delete these, from the screenshot. I uninstalled PowerDVD but its left these rules behind on my firewall monitoring. [img] Thanks 131858
  9. windows defender firewall

windows defender firewall: I have bought a new Lenovo Ideacentre PC. It had McAfee on when I got it, as a free trial. I don't want McAfee, just Windows Defender, but it keeps putting up 'Firewall off, choose Windows Defender or McAfee. I keep choosing Windows, but it keeps appearing every day, saying...
  10. Windows Firewall-Defender

Windows Firewall-Defender: Hello is it posible to remove Windows Firewall+Defender from Windows 10 ISO image? Installing Windows 10 without FW+DEF? Just to make it slim *Redface Thanks *Smile 36151

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i need mcafee if using windows defender