Windows 10: windows defender and malawarebytes

Discus and support windows defender and malawarebytes in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; these two are a great combination and they work great together, been using them coming on two years now, what defender misses Malwarebytes gets the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by caravan, Jun 20, 2019.

1. caravan Win User

windows defender and malawarebytes

these two are a great combination and they work great together, been using them coming on two years now, what defender misses Malwarebytes gets the misses .

:)

caravan, Jun 20, 2019
  2. Le Boule Win User

Windows Defender and Spybot/Malawarebytes

Try uninstalling Spybot and Malwarebytes.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-protect-your-pc

On Windows 8.1/10 when a third party antimalware program (such as McAfee, Norton, etc) is installed the Windows Defender (WD) program is disabled.

If you wish to use WD on Win 8.1/10 you must uninstall any third party antimalware program that may be on the computer (or was previously on the computer before it was upgraded to Win 10), run the appropriate software removal
    tool and reboot the computer. See List
    of anti-malware product removal tools

WD should then be enabled though you might need to restart WD in Security Services.

For further information see Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

http://www.howtogeek.com/220232/how-to-use-the-built-in-windows-defender-antivirus-on-windows-10/
    Good article but ignore the ads!

See the following compliments of
    quietman7 MS MVP
    :
    Best Practices for Safe Computing - Prevention of
    Malware Infection

Le Boule, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Tenforo Active Member

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

Tenforo, Jun 26, 2019
  5. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 26, 2019
  6. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

1. windows defender and malawarebytes - Similar Threads - defender malawarebytes

2. None of my Windows Apps work, and I think it's because Windows Defender Firewall won't start

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    None of my Windows Apps work, and I think it's because Windows Defender Firewall won't start: I originally noticed none of my Windows apps work (i.e. calculator, Photos, Mail): they start for a moment and then immediately close. Microsoft Store won't open at all - and the wsreset cmd does nothing to help. I then found Windows Powershell commands to try but I get...
  3. Problem regarding Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem regarding Windows Defender: My windows defender is not being updated, whenever I'm trying to update the software it is searching the update only and sometimes later it is showing "Your windows defender can not be updated, it's facing some problem". And one more thing is whenever I'm trying to scan my...
  4. How to Delete Windows Defender

How to Delete Windows Defender: Hello. Windows Defender is taking half of my computer ram. Is there anyway to delete it, if I don't need it at all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-delete-windows-defender/a9c4982b-0b23-42e2-8022-e9f99f95e8ce
  5. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version...: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.305.259.0) - Error 0x80070643 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/security-intelligence-update-for-windows-defender/deb9f8cb-2159-4674-b5ed-0d25be93b5be
  6. Easy Guide: How to Manage Controlled Folder Access in Windows Defender Security Center

Easy Guide: How to Manage Controlled Folder Access in Windows Defender Security Center: Since 2016, Microsoft has included ransomware protection in Windows 10. This security feature of the Windows Defender Security Center protects your computer and files from becoming compromised. In recent times, there has been a rise in large institutions and on individual...
  7. Windows 10 update issues: BSOD, broken apps and Defender ATP

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 update issues: BSOD, broken apps and Defender ATP: Patch Tuesday update KB4517389 on released on October 8 for Windows 10 version 1903 contained security and printing fixes, but it may cause a series of problems for some users with certain configurations. According to numerous reports and Microsoft, Windows 10 KB4517389...
  8. Windows Defender high network usage

Windows Defender high network usage: Hello, I observed Windows Defender (MsMpEng.exe) is using lot of network resources for long time. I can't stop the service or kill the process even with admin right on elevated PowerShell.. Interestingly I don't see the process in the list of netstat -ab - looks...
  9. Windows defender

Windows defender: My Windows Defender is not working properly and I don't know how to fix it. As you can see in the picture, I am missing the Virus & Threat option which allows me to scan my pc. I have tried to reinstall Windows because I could not figure out how to fix it. After reinstalling...
  10. How to Update Windows Defender

How to Update Windows Defender: How do I update my window defender? [Original Title: window defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-update-windows-defender/82a4878a-c084-4931-83a5-e48d258a26b6