Windows 10: Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.???

Discus and support Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.??? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. First of all, on a scale from 1 to 10, my computer skills are about 3+/-. So be gentle please. I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Solina Dave, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.???

Hello. First of all, on a scale from 1 to 10, my computer skills are about 3+/-. So be gentle please.

I recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. My IP gives me free McAfee Internet Security with my plan.

I see so many conflicting views regarding the idea that all one needs is Windows Defender to provide optimum protection and security. Some say yes. Some say no. Someone said that Defender's anti-virus protection was inadequate. Somene else said it was great. How in hell does someone like me sort through all this stuff. When I look at my Windows Defender it says that the settings are being managed by vender application McAfee Personal Firewall. Whatever that is!

Help me out here please. If I uninstall McAfee, will Windows Defender automatically remain in the loop, and protect my system? Is that going to be enough protection? I also read that an anti-malware scanner was a good idea to be used in conjunction with Defender. Would a Malwarebytes free download be a good idea?

I'm so confused!!! And I'm afraid to un-install and change settings in case I screw something up. Maybe I should just leave it alone.

Sorry you had to read so much. Any advice, or suggestions, or comments would be very welcome. Thanks.....Dave

:)

Solina Dave, Jan 29, 2020

2. McAfee security

Read through this and it will show you step by step how to remove McAfee from your computer

PC Hell: How to Uninstall McAfee

hTconeM9user, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Will McAfee Live Safe interfere with Windows Defender?

Have McAfee Live Safe Internet Security on 30 day trial. Really want to use Windows Defender but want to know if having McAfee as a 'Vendor' application will cause problems?

Also McAfee updated recently & I find I now have two McAfee firewalls in operation.

Any suggestions?

* Moved from Windows 10 | Security

* Original title: Internet Security McAfee Live Safe

DeniseHiggs, Jan 29, 2020
  4. BDman Win User

Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.???

Mcafee Live safe Internet security

Hi.
    I have just bought a new HP Desktop computer with Windows 10. Home 64bit preload on it on 8/14/2015. It came with Mcafee Live safe Internet security that will expire on 9/13/2015 I would like to get some opinions on this his do I let it expire and start using windows defender or do I renew with Mcafee Live safe Internet Security? Thank you

BDman, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.???

1. Windows Defender and McAfee Internet Security etc. etc. etc.??? - Similar Threads - Defender McAfee Internet

2. Updates, etc..

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates, etc..: Windows Update always breaks my computer. It changes audio settings, video settings, and renders some of my applications some costing over $2,500.00!, to fail until I reinstall Windows 10 back to the factory version. This persists in every aspect for me, and for most of my...
  3. Windows Trojans/worms/Bad CAs/useless apps, etc, etc, etc......

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Trojans/worms/Bad CAs/useless apps, etc, etc, etc......: Hello. First off, Don't give me this use your Virus scanner ****. Windows is full of **** that can be exploited and lately the hackers have upped their game. They all over the net and they are ALWAYS one step ahead by nature.I have no doubt i had/have a some type of "hack",...
  4. Personalisation etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personalisation etc: Folks I have spent a few hours over the last couple of days with Microsoft Chat but the problem still exists. The Microsoft person took control of my screen etc. and after trying different things like repairing some corrupt files that were found to system restore to...
  5. Windows cannot access etc. etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot access etc. etc.: Am running WIN 10 Home with latest updates. When I try to access a programm, WorldNavaids, I get the following message. Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item. I have, in the properties section...
  6. c:\windows\system32\policymanager.dll is either etc etc

c:\windows\system32\policymanager.dll is either etc etc: Hi, First thing first - I am computer illiterate so do not necessarily understand even basic computer speak. When starting up my PC a message as above appears & I have no idea how to rectify the error message. I run Windows 10. How do I fix this problem as the the...
  7. Icons are missing EVERYWHERE! Explorer etc etc

Icons are missing EVERYWHERE! Explorer etc etc: I TRIED EVERY STUPID THING IN THE ENTIRE INTERNET. - Right CLick refresh on desktop (no) - Delete icon cache and every IconCache.db ****. (no) - revamp the last WIN Update (didnt worked) - installed the latest update (didnt work) - use "cleanmgr.exe" to remove...
  8. Windows Defender won't list Excluded files, File Locations, etc..etc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender won't list Excluded files, File Locations, etc..etc: Hi all, I have selected certain file types / folders and locations in Windows Defender on Windows 10 that were added to the exclusions lists... Previously I could go to Windows Defender and see what files, folders or extensions I had excluded but now they have...
  9. microsoft account, lost password, locked PC, etc. etc. etc.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    microsoft account, lost password, locked PC, etc. etc. etc.: I have Windows 7 so had no idea how screwed up this could get. I've googled this for 3 hours and the simplest of answers will never be provided. No one seems to be able to think thoroughly on this. My 90 yr old dad has a hosed PC. It now has his login screen associated...
  10. Fonts etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts etc: I don't know about you but I am finding this messy and maddening. In Win.7 you could modify the font for the windows, both size and font itself. Win 10 will not all me to modify size, which is stuck on 9pt, and there is no option shown to change the font to Times from...