Windows 10: Windows Defender and McAfee thinks there is a virus in the Widows 10 Media Creation Tool...

Discus and support Windows Defender and McAfee thinks there is a virus in the Widows 10 Media Creation Tool... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Further, if I ignore the virus warning - foolishly, perhaps - the tool installer won't run due to a sidebyside error. Anyone else experiencing this?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KenAitken1, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Windows Defender and McAfee thinks there is a virus in the Widows 10 Media Creation Tool...

Further, if I ignore the virus warning - foolishly, perhaps - the tool installer won't run due to a sidebyside error.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Any fixes out there?

:)

KenAitken1, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender and McAfee thinks there is a virus in the Widows 10 Media Creation Tool...

1. Windows Defender and McAfee thinks there is a virus in the Widows 10 Media Creation Tool... - Similar Threads - Defender McAfee thinks

2. Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender: I'e used McAfee antivirus for many years. Currently I'm using the Total Protection version in Windows 11, but it has the annoying habit of popping up unwanted ads for McAfee products that I don't want with no way to shut them off, so I want to replace it with Windows...
  3. Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender: I'e used McAfee antivirus for many years. Currently I'm using the Total Protection version in Windows 11, but it has the annoying habit of popping up unwanted ads for McAfee products that I don't want with no way to shut them off, so I want to replace it with Windows...
  4. Will windows defender interfere media creation tool process?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Will windows defender interfere media creation tool process?: I am trying to download Windows 10 Home OS using media creation tool through USB not the ISO file. Should I disable Windows Defender Antivirus before downloading windows 10? because I am worried if windows defender will scan all the files downloaded as malware with media...
  5. WINDOWS 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL: Hi, I'm a user of Windows. I want to reinstall Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool to make the USB pen drive bootable. But, I don't want to remove the files saved in my PC. Instead of files, I want to remove apps and settings.My PC specifications:Manufacturer: DELLProcessor:...
  6. MEDIA CREATION TOOL WINDOWS 10

MEDIA CREATION TOOL WINDOWS 10: Hello dear Microsoft community, I have Windows 10 on my laptop and I want to download the iso file for Windows 10, so I downloaded the media creation tool to download the ISO file.. The problem is that my internet is slow and after 5 hours the download is at 60% and the media...
  7. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 Media Creation Tool: I'm helping my boyfriend build a PC and he needs Windows 10. So I downloaded the media creation tool. I ran the tool and went through the steps to 'create the media' on a USB drive that is plugged into my laptop. it goes all the way through the loading process this takes a...
  8. windows 10 media creation tool

windows 10 media creation tool: I need to reinstall windows 10 home on my daughters laptop. The media creation tool only installs the pro version. How do I force it or get the windows 10 home?...
  9. Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool: Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a Windows 10 ISO file with media creation tool. I digged a little on the web about how can I accomplish that. I've read an answer at one of posts in this forum that it says: "The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will...
  10. Windows 10 media creation tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 media creation tool: Windows 10 media creation tool is still available after the Windows 10 free upgrading program closed? It is very useful to get the right copy of Windows 10 installer. Anyone who are working in Microsoft, please keep this function available all the time. Many thanks. 53503