Windows 10: Windows Defender and Ransomware Protection Keep Deactivating

Discus and support Windows Defender and Ransomware Protection Keep Deactivating in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since the previous Windows Update on restart either Windows Defender is deactivated or I'm shut out of ransomware protection settings, I'm not sure... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ex-jedi, Jan 31, 2020.

1. ex-jedi Win User

Windows Defender and Ransomware Protection Keep Deactivating

Since the previous Windows Update on restart either Windows Defender is deactivated or I'm shut out of ransomware protection settings, I'm not sure though if ransomware protection is disabled. When I reactivate Windows Defender I also have to reactivate periodic scanning.

Any ideas? Is anyone else getting this?

Windows Defender and Ransomware Protection Keep Deactivating 13e31f27-47b8-4ed1-bf62-c3a8d8fda6d7?upload=true.png

Windows Defender and Ransomware Protection Keep Deactivating 2f93231f-425a-448c-91fe-3dea7267d570?upload=true.png

:)

ex-jedi, Jan 31, 2020
  2. trparky Win User
    Say goodbye to ransomware with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Yes, ransomware will be a thing of the past with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update thanks to something called "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Defender.

Windows 10 will hide your important files from ransomware soon | The Verge

These are protections for your files against ransomware at the kernel and Windows Defender level. Rest easy, your files are safe.

About damn time Microsoft!

trparky, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Brink Win User

OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender ransomware protection

Source: OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender takes ransomware protection one step further - Microsoft Tech Community - 188001

Brink, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Defender and Ransomware Protection Keep Deactivating - Similar Threads - Defender Ransomware Protection

2. Windows Defender Ransomware Protection off

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender Ransomware Protection off: Hello is again me, i just today looking in Windows Defender and i was just looking on some things and i haved ransomware protection off for like 3 years. Is this something weird? Or just something I had to turn on when I bought the computer? Thanks Max...
  3. Windows Defender Ransomware Protection off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Ransomware Protection off: Hello is again me, i just today looking in Windows Defender and i was just looking on some things and i haved ransomware protection off for like 3 years. Is this something weird? Or just something I had to turn on when I bought the computer? Thanks Max...
  4. Windows Defender Ransomware Protection off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ransomware protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ransomware protection: will microsoft defender's ransomware protection work if using avira free antivirus.avira free's ransomware protection is locked behind a paywall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ransomware-protection/5c6595fe-f89a-4e70-816c-2aff4929aac5
  6. Ransomware Protection keeps blocking svchost.exe

Ransomware Protection keeps blocking svchost.exe: Recently for whatever reason my Ransomware Protection has started to block svchost.exe from %userprofile%\videos? This happens every time I turn on my PC, I also very odd to because last I checked svchost.exe is legitimate host process and this has just started happening out...
  7. Microsoft Defender Ransomware Protection Block Powershell.exe

Microsoft Defender Ransomware Protection Block Powershell.exe: windows Defender block this App Protecd Folder: %system%\CatRoot -Chome.exe -MRT.exe -powershell.exe -takeown.exe ********** And *********** -mscorsvw.exe (windows Defender block this App Protecd Folder:%system%\config\systemprofile) -attrib.exe (windows Defender block this...
  8. Ransomware protection

Ransomware protection: That ransomware protection that Windows Defender has might a little to over-protection. When turned on: It will not access save games from Origin and other EA games Uplay seems not the problem I find it really necessary to share this information. It seems like Win Defender...
  9. Ransomware Protection?

Ransomware Protection?: Been visiting a website that discusses ransomware and all of the nasty things that can happen, starting to make me paranoid. Data files are backed up and stored offline, but still...So, I am looking for a quality anti-ransomware software package. As I am new to this concept,...
  10. OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender ransomware protection

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender ransomware protection: At the beginning of April, OneDrive announced new protection capabilities that offer Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscribers additional peace of mind including the ability to recover files from malicious attacks like ransomware and new tools to help keep your...