Windows 10: "Windows Defender" and the "Firewall-Control" in Win 10 doesn't start anymore?

Discus and support "Windows Defender" and the "Firewall-Control" in Win 10 doesn't start anymore? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Leutz! Following problem: Since a few days the Defender does not start at boot-up (Win 10) I just installed the "2004" update, hoping that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DanielTheTrust, Jun 8, 2020.

1. "Windows Defender" and the "Firewall-Control" in Win 10 doesn't start anymore?

Hi, Leutz!

Following problem: Since a few days the Defender does not start at boot-up (Win 10) I just installed the "2004" update, hoping that something will change, but: NIX! I followed all tips & tricks at Google and Youtube, also with "Regedit". What else could I do?!

:)

DanielTheTrust, Jun 8, 2020

2. Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

As many people on the internet already are discussing, their scanner doesn´t work anymore after the last Windows update. But there seem to be no solution.

My Scanner starts making noises, as usual, and then i get error messages: "Communication with the scanner is not possible"
    or this

"Windows Defender" and the "Firewall-Control" in Win 10 doesn't start anymore? [​IMG]

Is there a workaround for that?

tronrontron, Jun 8, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

"Windows Defender" and the "Firewall-Control" in Win 10 doesn't start anymore? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jun 8, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

"Windows Defender" and the "Firewall-Control" in Win 10 doesn't start anymore?

Scanner doesn´t work anymore after last Windows 10 update

I dunno.

Re-install the TWAIN drivers? (They are not included in Windows.)

You might get a better answer if you gave the make and model of the scanner.

bobkn, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

"Windows Defender" and the "Firewall-Control" in Win 10 doesn't start anymore?

1. "Windows Defender" and the "Firewall-Control" in Win 10 doesn't start anymore? - Similar Threads - Defender Firewall Control

2. Windows Defender Firewall not starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall not starting: Hi, on my Windows 11 the Windows Defender Firewall is set to "Stopping" automatically. On opening Windows Security in Settings, I get, "Get an app to open this 'windowsdefender link'".I tried pointing to the Appx path I get the following error:Add-AppxPackage : Deployment...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall not starting: Hi, on my Windows 11 the Windows Defender Firewall is set to "Stopping" automatically. On opening Windows Security in Settings, I get, "Get an app to open this 'windowsdefender link'".I tried pointing to the Appx path I get the following error:Add-AppxPackage : Deployment...
  4. Windows Defender Firewall won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall won't start: After clicking on Use recommended settings, I get this error: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-wont-start/5bc3595c-509b-4462-9ced-c23393b993b8
  5. Windows Defender Firewall won't start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Firewall won't start: After clicking on Use recommended settings, I get this error: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-firewall-wont-start/5bc3595c-509b-4462-9ced-c23393b993b8
  6. Windows Defender Firewall won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall won't start: Hello, The firewall of my son's PC does not run. It did run when I upgraded Windows 10 to Windows 11 but it stopped working soon after that. The system keeps asking me to turn the firewall on but it cannot be done. Could you please help? Here are some of the symptoms. 1. Task...
  7. Windows Defender Firewall won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall won't start: Hello, The firewall of my son's PC does not run. It did run when I upgraded Windows 10 to Windows 11 but it stopped working soon after that. The system keeps asking me to turn the firewall on but it cannot be done. Could you please help? Here are some of the symptoms. 1. Task...
  8. Defender and Firewall dont work anymore

Defender and Firewall dont work anymore: A couple of days ago my pc was infected with a malware that deactivated the windows antivirus and also the firewall and I have not been able to activate it since then. With malwarebytes I was able to remove the malware but now I am without Firewall, which is very dangerous....
  9. Windows Defender Firewall doesn't want to start.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Firewall doesn't want to start.: Last week on sunday i rebooted my laptop so that the 3 or 4 updates that were downloaded, could install. After the reboot I was greeted by a desktop notification that said that the Windows Defender Firewall was turned off. So i went into the firewall settings (control panel)...
  10. windows defender and firewall not starting

windows defender and firewall not starting: After windows update version 1903 and 1909, i have been facing issues with windows defender and firewall, they do not seem to start and is showing error, i tried to manually start in services.msc but it was of no use, the start option is not even usable.I do not have a third...