Windows 10: Windows Defender and Trojan in "Allowed threat"

Discus and support Windows Defender and Trojan in "Allowed threat" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have problem, I have Trojan and behavior in allowed threats. When I click remove and again open allowed threats, vrius still is in there.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RisoŁ, Jan 18, 2021.

1. RisoŁ Win User

Windows Defender and Trojan in "Allowed threat"

Hi guys,

I have problem, I have Trojan and behavior in allowed threats. When I click remove and again open allowed threats, vrius still is in there. What I should to do ?

Is it Windows defender bug or I still have a virus ?

Btw I used malwarebytes and windows defender doesn't detect any virus.

HELP!!!

:)

RisoŁ, Jan 18, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

3. Trojan in Allowed Items and Quarantines

Windows Defender detected a Trojan Virus on a full scan. When I reviewed the history it indicated that the Trojan was in "allowed threats" as well as in "quarantined threats." How could that happen? How can I find out if the virus was removed?

[Original Title: Trojan virus]

LillianParmertor, Jan 18, 2021
  4. gagagaON Win User

Is restoring a quarantined threat the same as allowing the threat?

My Windows defender scan reported a threat last week. I quarantined it. After a few days, I updated my defender virus definitions, restored the threat, and ran another scan (because I wanted to find out if it was a false positive). This new scan did not
    report any threat.

However, under defender's threat history, allowed items, I see this threat listed. I do NOT want to allow the threat, just wanted to find out if the latest definitions would still reported the file as a threat. How should I do that? Thank you. I am using
    windows 10.

gagagaON, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Defender and Trojan in "Allowed threat" - Similar Threads - Defender Trojan Allowed

2. Defender Keeps Reporting Allowed Threats

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Keeps Reporting Allowed Threats: I've looked for answers to this but am not finding them. Windows Defender recently started detecting a utility we use at work written by one of my coworkers in AutoIT as malware. While we've made allowance for it through MDE, Defender on my home computer is also reporting it...
  3. Defender Keeps Reporting Allowed Threats

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Keeps Reporting Allowed Threats: I've looked for answers to this but am not finding them. Windows Defender recently started detecting a utility we use at work written by one of my coworkers in AutoIT as malware. While we've made allowance for it through MDE, Defender on my home computer is also reporting it...
  4. Defender Keeps Reporting Allowed Threats

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Allowed threats in Defender that i never added?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allowed threats in Defender that i never added?: When I opened "allowed threats" in microsoft defender, a bunch of trojans appeared. I do not download anything sketchy online and manually allow them on defender, what could possibly explain this? Are these false positives? Ex. Trojan:win32/ludicrouz.Z...
  6. Window defender reported a Trojan threat but couldn't take action

Window defender reported a Trojan threat but couldn't take action: My Window defender detected a threat that is named Trojan:Win32/Tnega!MSR this morning. I tried taking action quarantine and remove but nothing happened, the threat was still there I checked the protection history and it's still the same. However, when I tried quick scan...
  7. impossible remove threat from windows defender "allowed threats"

impossible remove threat from windows defender "allowed threats": Windows defender notify me threat, but when i try to remove, the threat was moved in permitted threats and when i try to not allow end remove, uac ask me to proceed but the threat wasn't remove. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Trojan Horse Allowed in Windows Defender

Trojan Horse Allowed in Windows Defender: My windows security detected and blocked a trojan horse virus, I selected the wrong setting, and now have this message - this threat or app has been allowed and will not be remediated in the future. - of course i want to change this Thanks [Original Title: trojan horse]...
  9. windows defender allowed threat isn't saved

windows defender allowed threat isn't saved: I allowed a threat through windows defender but It eventually gets removed from allowed threats and reappear waiting for me to take actions. I don't intend to exclude it because it won't get detected even if it got infected with other malware. I only want to allow this...
  10. Windows Defender and Allowed Threats

Windows Defender and Allowed Threats: So the issue that I am having is that I have some stuff running on my my PC that technically is a virus but it has a specific purpose and I want it to run. I repeatedly have to restore the files and allow them. It happens at least 2-3 times a week....