Windows 10: Windows Defender and Update not working.

Discus and support Windows Defender and Update not working. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey there, my windows defender stopped operating normally and became like this I tried finding a solution online, most people said try to to run... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by INFIN8AMPAZE, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Windows Defender and Update not working.

Hey there, my windows defender stopped operating normally and became like this

I tried finding a solution online, most people said try to to run windows update but ran into another error 0x80070424

I tried troubleshooting as well but it keeps on doing the same thing

Your help would be highly appreciated Windows Defender and Update not working. 258e8d50-04f3-4814-a2c9-d8ec05c02ab4?upload=true.png

Windows Defender and Update not working. 1c792784-4b06-4d65-8d6c-80c231bbc0b4?upload=true.png

Windows Defender and Update not working. 7e818a4b-7737-440b-aa3c-736329a4b9a1?upload=true.png

:)

INFIN8AMPAZE, Jun 20, 2020

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Jun 20, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Windows Defender not working after win 10 update

Hi,

Conflicts with the Windows Defender settings after the update is one of the possible reasons why it is not working. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps in this
    Forum Article
    that was provided by PrashantKumar96 to resolve Windows Defender issues.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Jun 20, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Windows Defender and Update not working.

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender and Update not working.

1. Windows Defender and Update not working. - Similar Threads - Defender Update working

2. Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working: Questions can't be assigned 2 sub-topics from different main topics, so I had 2 post the same thing in 2 different...
  3. Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working: Questions can't be assigned 2 sub-topics from different main topics, so I had 2 post the same thing in 2 different...
  4. Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender & Windows Update Not Working: My Windows Defender & Windows Update is producing errors & are not workingI am 95% sure Windows Update is broken as a result of Windows Defender being initially broken upon install, I think I broke defender more: listed belowBroken Howso:Windows Defender:When I open...
  5. Windows update and defender aren't working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update and defender aren't working.: Hi everyone this is my first time posting here. I randomly checked my windows defender one day and found it to be shut down and not running. When I click the protection history on the Windows security app it just crashes at the same time the security app is just blank....
  6. Windows defender not working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender not working after update: My computer pulled in updates a few days ago, and now windows defender isn't working. It says that the threat service has stopped. Restart it now. I clicked the button, and waited. it then threw an error. I ran a scan with another program, and came up clean. How can i fix...
  7. Windows Update + Defender Not Working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update + Defender Not Working?: I'm not sure if this is because of a recent update but suddenly Windows Update and Defender no longer seem to be working? I only noticed this because the Defender icon on the bottom right wasn't showing up anymore. Error code 0x80070424 randomly appeared on the Update screen...
  8. Windows Defender not working after update

Windows Defender not working after update: After I recently updated windows, I had a few problems like -a black screen after sign-in -80-100% cpu usage on idle -Windows Defender crashing when I open it -No sound from the speakers So i reset my PC keeping my personal files, which did absolutely nothing. I fixed...
  9. Windows Defender not working or updating

Windows Defender not working or updating: I am using Windows 10 Home Single Language version 1903. Windows Defender Current Definitions Version: 1.263.71.0 (I guess, check the image) Windows Defender Latest Definitions Version: 1.295.49.0 I had some antivirus softwares installed and removed over time, but now I...
  10. Windows Update Issue And Windows Defender Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Issue And Windows Defender Not Working: When I Click Windows Update I Got An Error Message Also My Windows Defender Antivirus Not Working There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:...