Windows 10: Windows Defender and VDI

Discus and support Windows Defender and VDI in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; HI I am using Windows Defender on my test VDI Environment which is based on Citrix Virtual Desktop and Application. The problem is Windows defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Faris Mlaeb, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Windows Defender and VDI

HI

I am using Windows Defender on my test VDI Environment which is based on Citrix Virtual Desktop and Application.

The problem is Windows defender behavior seems not to be working after running the application from a VDI image.

I add a test malware but defender did not detect it, but when I add the same malware on my PC which using the same OS Windows 10 1803 and same defender, it detects it as a malware and removes it

how can I know what is the issue

Note: I used Citrix optimizer to optimize the image.

Any suggestions.

:)

Faris Mlaeb, Apr 21, 2019

2. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Apr 21, 2019
  3. window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Windows Defender and VDI

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender and VDI

1. Windows Defender and VDI - Similar Threads - Defender VDI

2. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  3. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  4. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Lightweight Defender Config for VDI Instant Clone Environment

Lightweight Defender Config for VDI Instant Clone Environment: Our organization has a VDI environment close to 10,000 sessions with VMware Horizon non-persistent instant clones. Our thin clients are set up as kiosks and every time a user logs off, it wipes the VM and spins up a fresh one. Typically, no VMs are alive for more than a day...
  6. Microsoft Defender and Azure VDI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender and Azure VDI: We have built a POC for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops on MS Azure. In Azure Advisor it is showing "Microsoft Defender for DNS should be enabled" and under the Subscription where we have the Virtual Desktops it is showing all the virtual desktops as suggestions and cloud...
  7. Microsoft Defender and Azure VDI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender and Azure VDI: We have built a POC for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops on MS Azure. In Azure Advisor it is showing "Microsoft Defender for DNS should be enabled" and under the Subscription where we have the Virtual Desktops it is showing all the virtual desktops as suggestions and cloud...
  8. Microsoft Defender and Azure VDI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows defender VDI onboarding to Security Center and now VM's don't display defender...

Windows defender VDI onboarding to Security Center and now VM's don't display defender...: We're running a non-persistent VDI pool with FileShares as the definition update source. This has been working fine until we added the Startup script which onboards the VM's into Azure Defender Security Center. I've used the powershell 'single entry' method described here:...
  10. Windows Defender for VDI - error trying to update security intelligence - 0x80070005

Windows Defender for VDI - error trying to update security intelligence - 0x80070005: Hi We've configured a UNC share for VM's to fetch defender updates and have configured group policy correctly so the VM's download from the share. Our VM's are not updating - but the error suggests the SYSTEM account does not have access. I have validated that the SYSTEM...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender vdi

2. how to enable windows defender on non persistent VDI

3. should I leave defender running for VDI