Windows 10: Windows Defender Anitmalware is slowing my computer

Discus and support Windows Defender Anitmalware is slowing my computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows Defender Antimalware is slowing my computer, using vast amounts of memory and disk usage. I cannot disable it, must less uninstall it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jameslg6, Jul 5, 2018.

1. jameslg6 Win User

Windows Defender Anitmalware is slowing my computer

Windows Defender Antimalware is slowing my computer, using vast amounts of memory and disk usage. I cannot disable it, must less uninstall it.

:)

jameslg6, Jul 5, 2018

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Jul 5, 2018
  3. windows defender runs slow

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Have you installed any third party security application in your system, apart from Windows 10?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    I would like to inform you that this issue might occur, if the Windows defender is scanning too many junk or malware effected files in the system. As of now,
    I suggest you to run System maintenance task and check if it helps.

The Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.
    For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-defender-offline-faq

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 5, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Anitmalware is slowing my computer - Similar Threads - Defender Anitmalware slowing

2. Anitmalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anitmalware Service Executable: So this is really bogging down my PC to the point it is barely useable. This has not been an issue in the past but I can’t get rid of this process. I’ve disabled in the regedit, changed policies/group policies, manually scheduled scans - literally everything I can find online...
  3. Anitmalware Service Executeable is using ALL of my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anitmalware Service Executeable is using ALL of my bandwidth: Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service network usage is up to 200Mb/s almost 100% of the time in task manager. I seem to be the only one with this issue, after looking online all I could find were a few people saying it was related to network drives but I only have one...
  4. Anitmalware Service Executable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Anitmalware Service Executable: I have recently been plagued with frequent intermittent slowdowns on an old home-built desktop. It might take the form of a delay in opening a program or copying text from Word MS365 or pasting some text or even selecting something onscreen. Whatever request I've asked the...
  5. Windows Defender is using so much RAM which makes my computer slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender is using so much RAM which makes my computer slow: Windows Defender I am using windows 10. My windows is running faster . But when I enabled the Windows defender then my pc become slow . I checking my Task Manager from many days and i noticed that theprogramms like - windows defender antimarwareof windows defender taking...
  6. WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT WORKING ON MY COMPUTER

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT WORKING ON MY COMPUTER: I realised for about a week ago that my window defender on my laptop was not working. I mean I do not even have the option to open it. Checking on its status, it is indicated as "Running" but that is not really the case. Before, it was working fine but along the line, it...
  7. windows defender slow downs

windows defender slow downs: Just my two cents worth but I know for a fact defender does slow down downloads. I have spectrum 400 mbps and with defender running it will download anywhere from 80mbps to perhaps 200. Turning off defender I download at the speed of 375mbps upward to 425mbps, quite the...
  8. Windows Defender Real Time Protection slowing computer

Windows Defender Real Time Protection slowing computer: I have had my PC since February and in the past couple of days i have been experiencing delays (up to 10 seconds) when browsing the web or opening programs. After so investigating, I have come to the conclusion that it's Windows Defender. When I am doing absolutely...
  9. Windows Defender slowing everything

Windows Defender slowing everything: We have had 4-5 users over the last 2 business days reporting extreme system slowness all of a sudden. This appears to be cause by the ‘antimalware service executeable’ in task manager, using high CPU and Disk write capacity (up to 150MB/s). This makes our affected laptops...
  10. Windows Defender slows down my PC

Windows Defender slows down my PC: Hi, Whenever I open any folder with lots of software programs than Windows Defender start taking more thing 50% of CPU usage, continuously. I know that it might be scanning them, but every time? It slows down PC too much that the icon of the program takes too much time...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender slowing down computer

2. is antimalware slowing my laptops performance

3. is windows defender slowing my computer

4. does windows defender slow down pc,
  5. is windows defender slowing down my laptop?,
  6. anitmalware slowing computer,
  7. Windows 10 Login Slowing about 2 minutes