Windows 10: Windows Defender Anti-malware Service slowing MSScriptControl.ScriptControl execution

Discus and support Windows Defender Anti-malware Service slowing MSScriptControl.ScriptControl execution in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Experts, I'm a developer and has developed and supported a desktop application that uses MSScriptControl to execute bunch of vb script on data... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by aus6, Jun 24, 2019.

1. aus6 Win User

Windows Defender Anti-malware Service slowing MSScriptControl.ScriptControl execution

Hello Experts,

I'm a developer and has developed and supported a desktop application that uses MSScriptControl to execute bunch of vb script on data set and check its data consistency. We have Windows 10 (Version 1809, Build 17763.557) and one fine day, it would work so slow that it is practically useless.

Upon investigating Task Manager, I noticed that Anti-malware Service Executable kicks in as soon as MSScriptControl.Run() executes and takes around 5% of CPU from practically 0.5% and chokes the application. As soon as application stops, it goes back to 0.1 - 0%.

I checked other machines in our organization where same application works just fine and Anti-malware Service Executable does NOT kick in and my application is not choked and it is allowed to take 30% of CPU resources. While on problem machine this application can not avail CPU beyond 1-2%. and it is clear that Anti malware (windows defender) is choking it.

Please help resolving this issue. Our IT department handles security issues and it is not up to me to add exclusions. I wonder if it even works?

Ajay Sharma

:)

2. anti malware service executable

I did a complete scan on the PC through Windows defender (win 10) and I saw anti malware service executable in the task manager. It's the first time I do a complete scan. Question: Was this in the task
    manager before or I didnt notice it?. I read that it is wasting a lot of cpu usage. If I close it, my pc will be vulnerable to malwares?. Thanks in advance!

StamatisKapetanakis, Jun 24, 2019
  3. Le Boule Win User
    anti malware service executable

Windows Defender should always be running in the background, should always start up and run each time the computer is turned on or awakened from sleep mode and it should be running in task manager any time the computer is on.

I haven't run a full scan in several months...Windows Defender automatically runs a weekly quick scan which searches the most likely locations for malware.

Some users (myself included) run an occasional scan (every month or so) with an independent scanner such as the ones listed in List
    of Malware Removal Tools

I ran the Emsisoft Emergency Kit last month to see if Windows Defender had missed anything. There was no malware detected.

Regards...

Le Boule, Jun 24, 2019
  4. m8rudolph Win User

Windows Defender Anti-malware Service slowing MSScriptControl.ScriptControl execution

Should I stop the anti malware executable?

The anti malware executable is always hogging my disk making my computer very slow. I know how to stop it but should I stop it?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

m8rudolph, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Anti-malware Service slowing MSScriptControl.ScriptControl execution - Similar Threads - Defender Anti malware

2. Anti-malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anti-malware: My computer has been acting real buggy. Lagging a lot. Windows Defender doesn't find anything. Is there a better anti-malware I can use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/anti-malware/76a2edee-f716-424e-ad5f-9873a1c0ffa8"
  3. Defender Malware Sevice Executable

Defender Malware Sevice Executable: This seems to be burning up my CPU fan and I cannot switch it off. Any ideas how to stop racing the CPU fan? Andrew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-malware-sevice-executable/8ef86527-0376-4d55-a8d0-6546ce0941c2
  4. Anti-malware executable service Using more than 600 MB ram memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Anti-malware executable service Using more than 600 MB ram memory: Hi there, I have recently installed Windows 10 version 1809 on my Msi laptop. My pc specs are listed below. Processor - Intel Core i5 8300H Graphics - Nvidia Geforce Gtx 1050@ 4Gb Ram - 8 Gb ddr4 (2666 mhz) Os - Windows 10 Home Single Language The problem I am...
  5. Antimalware Service Executable (Windows Defender)

Antimalware Service Executable (Windows Defender): I am running an industrial DAQ program (Data Acquisition Program) on a Windows 10 industrial PC. The PC does not get used for emails, internet browsing, it is just a stand-alone PC collecting data from field sensors via serial communications. The DAQ program runs perfectly...
  6. anti malware service executable not releasing memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    anti malware service executable not releasing memory: Hi the above seems to be running constantly and uses more and more memory until the system crashes which normally takes a couple of days, a reboot only restarts this issue doesn't get rid of it. I've tried a number of suggestions from support but nothing seems to help. As on...
  7. Windows Antimalware Service Executable slowing down Firefox

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Antimalware Service Executable slowing down Firefox: I seem to have an issue with the afore mentioned task. Whenever I start Firefox the task goes crazy, using about 30% of my CPU for several minutes. This is significantly more than other browsers. I have a second PC that is configured exactly the same but does not have this...
  8. Anti-malware question

Anti-malware question: Does anybody know if there is a better anti-malware than Windows Defender ? 30450
  9. Anti-virus and Anti-malware??

Anti-virus and Anti-malware??: 1. Do I need a particular anti-malware software , in addition to Anti-virus? 2. Is the paid version of Avast good and sufficient enough to reduce risks? 3. Is "malware" a collective term that includes ransomware, adware, spyware ...... or are they all different things...
  10. anti malware scanner

anti malware scanner: Hi I have tried Trend Micro, Emisoft and a couple of other stand alone scanners to check my a/v program - Defender. Each has been detrimental. One left "bin" a folder that only Unlocker could remove. Another I had to use Revo to uninstall. Is there a reliable one that...