Windows 10: Windows Defender Anti-virus and so on is not working after windows update 20H2

Discus and support Windows Defender Anti-virus and so on is not working after windows update 20H2 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 20H1 was perfect for me. So, I paused the installation of 20H2. But somehow, one day it upgraded automatically. Any way, when I go to protection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tahsinuzzaman Emon, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Windows Defender Anti-virus and so on is not working after windows update 20H2

20H1 was perfect for me. So, I paused the installation of 20H2. But somehow, one day it upgraded automatically. Any way, when I go to protection History of Windows defender, there is no result and it freezes. It keeps protecting my laptop I still receive notification that it blocked an app from making changes but I can't control it when it blocks some app I trust. And that is really annoying.

+ After the update, the mobile hotspot feature is not working properly. It turns on, but it doesn't share any sort of internet connection.

There is more problem I'm facing and I'm sick of it.

Now I want to roll back to 20H1 without losing any of my data. But as it was updated more than 10 days ago, the roll back option is not available.

Now, what should I do? And how?

So please, help me to either roll back to 20H1 I'd prefer to roll back or solve those problem.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Tahsinuzzaman Emon, Jan 22, 2021
  2. oemSoft Win User

How to scan anti-virus with windows Defender?

For windows 10, I would like to know on how to scan anti-virus with windows Defender, when I select a file and right click, there is no anti-virus for scanning for windows defender and how to make windows defender update automatically?

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Jan 22, 2021
  3. oemSoft Win User
    How to setup Windows Defender update periods for anti-virus?

I would like to know on how How to setup Windows Defender update periods for anti-virus.

Such as checking update for every 10 minutes

Furthermore, do windows defender provide protection for web browser? such as Firefox, Chrome, IE

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

oemSoft, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Windows Defender Anti-virus and so on is not working after windows update 20H2

windows defender anti-virus

windows 10 v1709; i have removed all vestiges of third-party anti-virus software, but windows defender anti-virus will not run continuously. it keeps stopping and stating that another anti-virus is present. i have used the mfr uninstall utilities, revo-uninstaller,
    and run a clean boot. nothing is working. anyone can help?? thx Windows Defender Anti-virus and so on is not working after windows update 20H2 :)

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Getting Started and Upgrading / Windows 10

RobCargell, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender Anti-virus and so on is not working after windows update 20H2

1. Windows Defender Anti-virus and so on is not working after windows update 20H2 - Similar Threads - Defender Anti virus

2. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  3. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  4. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Is Windows Defender Sufficient as an Anti-Virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Windows Defender Sufficient as an Anti-Virus?: If windows defender isn't enough protection what is the best recommended anti-virus program for windows 10 with edge? Thanks. Jim Thompson [Original Title: anti-virus]...
  6. windows defender anti virus program

windows defender anti virus program: options are all greyed out, real time protection cannot be turned on how do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-anti-virus-program/13538fbe-cb7e-4b24-9ce8-37f3e4a6eeac
  7. Microsoft Defender anti virus not updating in Windows 10

Microsoft Defender anti virus not updating in Windows 10: I am receiving a message that anti virus protection in Windows 10 is out of date. When I attempt to update manually this does not resolve the problem....
  8. WINDOWS DEFENDER/ANTI VIRUS PROTECTION

WINDOWS DEFENDER/ANTI VIRUS PROTECTION: Do i need private virus protection if have Windows defender and real time protection on? When i attempt to turn Windows defender on it says "TO ALLOW THIS APP TO RUN CONTACT YOUR SECURITY ADMINISTRATOR TO ENABLE THE PROGRAM VIA GROUP POLICY"....What does that mean? Does...
  9. Unable to update Windows Defender Anti-Virus on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update Windows Defender Anti-Virus on Windows 10: I had to recover Windows 10 on my HP15 Notebook PC several days ago. Since the recovery, Windows Defender Anti Virus will not update. I have tried numerous fixes but still not able to update. Has Anyone else had this problem? Any Suggestions?...
  10. Windows Defender and anti-virus softwarea

Windows Defender and anti-virus softwarea: If I have a strong, constantly updated anti-virus software installed on my laptop, do I need Windows Defender? Should/can I turn it off? It seems like overkill. Thanks in advance. 112999