Windows 10: Windows defender antiviru built in

Discus and support Windows defender antiviru built in in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I purchased a hp laptop with windows defender built in. It also came with a free trial of MacAfee that has expired. Do I need any other virus/malware... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by essiejohnsen, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Windows defender antiviru built in

I purchased a hp laptop with windows defender built in. It also came with a free trial of MacAfee that has expired. Do I need any other virus/malware protection besides the built in Windows defender and if so what would you recommend?

:)

essiejohnsen, Jan 13, 2019

2. Windows Defender - antivirus?

Windows defender is a built in antivirus, that detects all type of threats.You do not need to install any 3rd party antivirus.

In windows 7 and earlier Microsoft security essentials was to be used with windows defender for a full system protection, but in Windows 8 and later windows defender's capabilities have been increased to make it a full fledged antivirus.

I suggest rolling with Windows Defender (preinstalled)+Malwarebytes for a full system security.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Is Windows Defender a proper Antivirus for Windows 10 ?

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Many. Suggestion to use your preferred search engine and look it up. Also see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18900/consumer-antivirus-software-providers-for-windows

Suggestion to read:

===

4) Are you spamming?

Jsssssssss, Jan 13, 2019
  4. afornal Win User

Windows defender antiviru built in

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows defender antiviru built in

1. Windows defender antiviru built in - Similar Threads - defender antiviru built

2. What happens to built-in defender when Defender for business is installed?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What happens to built-in defender when Defender for business is installed?: When we install Defender for Business on a workstation running the built-in Defender what happens to the built-in Defender? Is the process like an upgrade to built-in Defender?...
  3. What happens to built-in defender when Defender for business is installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happens to built-in defender when Defender for business is installed?: When we install Defender for Business on a workstation running the built-in Defender what happens to the built-in Defender? Is the process like an upgrade to built-in Defender?...
  4. What happens to built-in defender when Defender for business is installed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. If Windows Defender is built-in to Windows 10, how come I can't turn it on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If Windows Defender is built-in to Windows 10, how come I can't turn it on?: My windows 10 says that I am providing my own Virus protection, but I no longer have anything installed. How do I turn Windows Defender on, or is one required now to purchase Microsoft 365 to activate it?...
  6. If Windows Defender is built-in to Windows 10, how come I can't turn it on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If Windows Defender is built-in to Windows 10, how come I can't turn it on?: My windows 10 says that I am providing my own Virus protection, but I no longer have anything installed. How do I turn Windows Defender on, or is one required now to purchase Microsoft 365 to activate it?...
  7. If Windows Defender is built-in to Windows 10, how come I can't turn it on?

8. Enabling Windows/Microsoft Defender built into 10 and 11 email scanning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enabling Windows/Microsoft Defender built into 10 and 11 email scanning: I have always wondered why there does not seem to be an email scanning option in Defender for those using an email client like Outlook so I dug a bit deeper. Turns out there is an option to enable it in Group Policy. Seems odd to me that a feature like this buried in GP...
  9. SECURITY AND MAINTANCE ERROR.. CANT TURN ON THE ANTIVIRUES

SECURITY AND MAINTANCE ERROR.. CANT TURN ON THE ANTIVIRUES: hello friends. I bought a new Dell G3 laptop, after 6 days I face this issue firewall and protection not shows green tick and security and maintenance cant able to turn on that .. if I click turn on its shows the security center image asked for...
  10. Built in Windows applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Built in Windows applications: Hello, I am trying to remove the built in Windows applications that came with my computer. When I right click on the applications, there is no uninstall button. How can I uninstall these applications? I know you can uninstall them using PowerShell, but I was wondering if...