Windows 10: Windows Defender Antivirus cannot be activated

Discus and support Windows Defender Antivirus cannot be activated in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I purchased the MSO Office home and could not activate my Windows Defender Antivirus. Tried searching the net for answers and tried different ways... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RJ Hernz, Jun 8, 2019.

1. RJ Hernz Win User

Windows Defender Antivirus cannot be activated

Hi, I purchased the MSO Office home and could not activate my Windows Defender Antivirus. Tried searching the net for answers and tried different ways but to no avail. Home someone form MS could help me. Thanks!

Windows Defender Antivirus cannot be activated 3081b433-ba1c-43d5-9c52-b0ddaab0af99?upload=true.png

:)

RJ Hernz, Jun 8, 2019

2. Cannot activate Windows Defender

On my laptop "Toshiba Satellite L455" I did upgradation to W-10 from W-7 (original).

There is no antivirus program on this PC.

I wanted Windows Defender to run. But it says that it is switched off.

Want to activate it.

On opening Windows defender, there is no option to activate it.

In step 2 of your suggestion, it says:

"Windows could not start the Windows Defender Network Inspection Service on local computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start"

Can you pl give a method to activate the defender?

PrakashVarkhedkar, Jun 8, 2019
  3. afornal Win User
    Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Jun 8, 2019
  4. Windows Defender Antivirus cannot be activated

Uninstalled the other antivirus but can't make Defender active.

I have uninstall the other antivirus but can't being able to active defender . It still show you have another antivirus . so how could I make defender please suggest..

Original title: how to make acive o defender

dhirenthakulla, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Antivirus cannot be activated

1. Windows Defender Antivirus cannot be activated - Similar Threads - Defender Antivirus cannot

2. Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on: When I go to check on the antivirus it show message as follow:So I went to "Manage provider" to see if my antivirus is turned of and it is. But the problem here is that there is no option to turned it back on....
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on: When I go to check on the antivirus it show message as follow:So I went to "Manage provider" to see if my antivirus is turned of and it is. But the problem here is that there is no option to turned it back on....
  4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus cannot be turned on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. cannot turn on Microsoft Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot turn on Microsoft Defender Antivirus: i want to turn on the antivirus but my computer just won't let me do that.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-turn-on-microsoft-defender-antivirus/08c3655c-1d3f-47af-bd41-c5903d8b4c00
  6. Unable to activate window defender antivirus

Unable to activate window defender antivirus: Hi, I am unable to activate microsoft defender antivirus. Firewall protection is on, everything is proctected but , virus and threat protection is not activated and showing turned off. Kindly help me out here...
  7. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: hi, in my windows defender security center's virus and threat protection it says "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". How can i change it....
  8. Cannot activate Windows Defender

Cannot activate Windows Defender: Win10 Version 1803 latest updates - private pc I deinstalled Gdata-Internet-Security completely using "AVCleaner". After restarting the PC a system notice tells me to activate Windows Defender. By opening the appropriate window a notice appears, which tells me that the...
  9. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: my pc windows defender antivirus suddenly stoppped. i tried to turn it on or even restarting but its denying .its always displaying a "out of date" message .i am trying to update it but no progress...
  10. I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.

I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus.: I cannot turn on Windows Defender Antivirus. I entered the "Windows Key + R" (run program) keyboard shortcut. I entered "control" and pressed "Enter". I clicked on "System and Security". Then I clicked on "Security and maintenance". In the "Security and Maintenance" window,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot activated windows defender

2. windows defender icon cannot be activated