Windows 10: windows defender antivirus couldn't turn on or found on my pc

Discus and support windows defender antivirus couldn't turn on or found on my pc in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] windows defender antivirus couldn't turn on or found on my pc... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AhmedShatat 90, Nov 3, 2019.

1. windows defender antivirus couldn't turn on or found on my pc

windows defender antivirus couldn't turn on or found on my pc a89c10e1-b0a8-4813-8b84-33de3c8b22f6?upload=true.jpg
    windows defender antivirus couldn't turn on or found on my pc

:)

AhmedShatat 90, Nov 3, 2019

2. avast free antivirus vs windows defender

>it's true that Avast Free Antivirus is better by a lot compare to windows defender?

As
    BulldogXX
    already mentioned: That's a matter of opinion.

Suggestion to read:

Suggestion to watch:

Jsssssssss, Nov 28, 2019
  3. Is Windows Defender a proper Antivirus for Windows 10 ?

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Many. Suggestion to use your preferred search engine and look it up. Also see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18900/consumer-antivirus-software-providers-for-windows

Suggestion to read:

===

4) Are you spamming?

Jsssssssss, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Tevita T Win User

how do i turn on windows defender antivirus

Hi Savin,

Please follow these steps to enable Windows Defender. (For home PC)

1. Open Settings from Start Menu

2. Select Update and Security

3. Make sure you enable Virus & threat protection

If the computer is a company machine you need to edit the local group policy

Turn on Windows Defender

1. In Start, open Control Panel.

2. Open Administrative Tools > Edit group policy. This will open the Local Group Policy Editor in a new window.

3. Open Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender Antivirus. The setting Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus is underneath the folders of other settings.

4. Open Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus and make sure it's set to Disabled or Not configured.

Let me know how it works for you.

Tevita T, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

1. windows defender antivirus couldn't turn on or found on my pc - Similar Threads - defender antivirus couldn't

2. 3rd party antivirus is turned on but windows defender is turned on to.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd party antivirus is turned on but windows defender is turned on to.: Hi Microsoft i have a problem with Windows defender that say microsoft defneder is turned on and my 3rd party antivirus is turned on. normally my 3rd party antivirus is turned on and microsoft defender is turned off but for some reason microsoft defender turns on when my 3rd...
  3. Not able to turn on windows defender antivirus

Not able to turn on windows defender antivirus: Recently I have uninstalled an antivirus software and now when I am trying to turn on my windows defender antivirus it does not respond.What should I do ?...
  4. Turning on Windows Defender Antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning on Windows Defender Antivirus: I just deleted an antivirus software from my computer, and am unable to enable windows defender antivirus.As you can see, there is no option to enable Microsoft defender antivirus....
  5. Windows Defender Antivirus scan history not found

Windows Defender Antivirus scan history not found: Hi, When I go to my Windows Security and click on "Protection history" under Scan options as shown in the screenshot below, I can't see any of my scan history although I have done several full and offline scans before, it shows me "No recent actions" and the Windows...
  6. Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off.: I just got a notifications that says "Windows defender antivirus and AVG Antivirus are both turned off. " When I go into Virus & threat protection its says that my virus and threat protection is managed by my organization. Which is not possible cause its my pc at home which...
  7. Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on

Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on: After uninstalling McAfee, Windows Defender would not turn on. I've tried to restart the service but get the following error: Error 577: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is...
  8. Turning on windows defender antivirus in version1903

Turning on windows defender antivirus in version1903: My windows defender antivirus is turned off all other components are on. How do I turn on the virus protection? It says it's managed by my organization, but there is no organization. This is my home....
  9. Windows Defender Antivirus scan couldn't be started

Windows Defender Antivirus scan couldn't be started: "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" Can someone help me on the above message please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus-scan-couldnt-be-started/a0e0a523-caf7-4098-8221-036c349b47cc
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus won't turn on

Windows Defender Antivirus won't turn on: I get prompts telling me I need to turn on Windows Defender Antivirus every time I turn on my laptop. When I go to the security center I do not have the option to switch any of the toggles to On, they just remain grey. Windows 10 came installed on this laptop. I have not...