Windows 10: Windows defender Antivirus in different Win 10 products

Discus and support Windows defender Antivirus in different Win 10 products in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi , I would like to know is the function of Windows Defender Antivirus in Win 10 Pro and Win 10 IoT Ent LTSC are the same. We would like to change... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ElyseHsueh, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Windows defender Antivirus in different Win 10 products

Hi , I would like to know is the function of Windows Defender Antivirus in Win 10 Pro and Win 10 IoT Ent LTSC are the same.

We would like to change the product from Pro to IoT Enterprise, however our customer has question about this function.

Please someone knows this information share with me.

thanks a lot!

:)

ElyseHsueh, Dec 10, 2019
  2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Is Windows Defender a proper Antivirus for Windows 10 ?

1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Many. Suggestion to use your preferred search engine and look it up. Also see:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/18900/consumer-antivirus-software-providers-for-windows

Suggestion to read:

===

4) Are you spamming?

Jsssssssss, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Windows defender Antivirus in different Win 10 products

Decent free antivirus?

Oh and just in case its for an older O/S

this little nugget of goodness
    Still not on Windows 10? Fine, sighs Microsoft, here are its antivirus tools for Windows 7, 8.1
    Redmond extends ATP to older builds, adds third-party links

dorsetknob, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows defender Antivirus in different Win 10 products

1. Windows defender Antivirus in different Win 10 products - Similar Threads - defender Antivirus different

2. Windows Defender Antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus: I uninstalled my antivirus software which is mcafee live safe and Windows defender antivirus did not become active automatically. I can't find a way to re enable it. [ATTACH]...
  3. Windows Defender and Antivirus

Windows Defender and Antivirus: Most of the users do not want to use paid Antivirus software and use Windows Defender Antivirus. But some do have trust on Microsoft Defender and use paid anti-virus software.But what is your response? Comment below....
  4. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: hi, in my windows defender security center's virus and threat protection it says "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". How can i change it....
  5. Windows Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender Antivirus: Why are you updating Windows Defender Antivirus every day for the last 22 days, from ‎4/‎20/‎2019 to 5/8/2019? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus/3471fa10-fc30-46a4-941a-3566abd3f628
  6. Windows defender antivirus

Windows defender antivirus: I have been writing programs on my computer system for years and after the last windows 10 update the defender destroys the program. It's driving me crazy. The program I write is written with Swiftforth and every time I compile the program after its destruction and try to...
  7. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: my pc windows defender antivirus suddenly stoppped. i tried to turn it on or even restarting but its denying .its always displaying a "out of date" message .i am trying to update it but no progress...
  8. window defender antivirus

window defender antivirus: I can't view details on the history tab (items that were detected as potentially harmful) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/window-defender-antivirus/1f6e3e3c-45c1-4a89-8dab-fca0ee01e65c
  9. Windows Defender Antivirus

Windows Defender Antivirus: The scan found a trojan virus and to remove it is asking for my password which I enter and it doesnot accept https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/windows-defender-antivirus/ced9f7a5-7bb6-44fe-8b92-20909e49f6ea
  10. Windows 10 AntiVirus & Windows Defender

Windows 10 AntiVirus & Windows Defender: I've upgraded to Windows 10 and noticed my AntiVirus and Firewall was removed. My question is do I need to install another AntiVirus & Firewall or is Windows Defender up to the job? The AV & Firewall I had on was ZoneAlarm 18810