Windows 10: Windows Defender Antivirus in Win10 is not working

Discus and support Windows Defender Antivirus in Win10 is not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My windows defender antivirus cannot perform scan... it is giving an error and then it will turn off automatically. The problem is I can not turn it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Agaustria, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Agaustria Win User

Windows Defender Antivirus in Win10 is not working

My windows defender antivirus cannot perform scan... it is giving an error and then it will turn off automatically. The problem is I can not turn it back on... it is giving a message that IT Administrator permission is required...

I did a lot of trouble-shooting based on online solutions but to no avail... need professional help...

Aga

:)

Agaustria, Mar 19, 2020
  2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, May 26, 2020
  3. BunnyJ Win User
    BunnyJ, May 26, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

Windows defender antivirus

Any other security program installed?

The behavior you are describing may
    sometimes occur if another antivirus program is installed or there are remnants of a third party antivirus program still installed.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device."

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

See theAnswer
    of quietman7 in this thread:windowsdefender wont turn on

If you cannot resolve an issue with WD, you may want to try the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include (but not limited to) running SFC, scanning for malware and running the software removal tools for any security software
    (AVG, Baidu, Kaspersky, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer (to include a trial version of McAfee, Norton, etc that may have been on the computer when it was new) followed by a restart of the computer. See List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Alternatively - - -

You may prefer to install a third party antimalware program (which should disable Windows Defender).

There are a number of viable free and paid options available – take your pick…

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

Is Windows Defender The Best For Windows
    10?
    Good article but ignore the ads.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/antivirus-partners#AVtabs=win10

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, May 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Antivirus in Win10 is not working - Similar Threads - Defender Antivirus Win10

2. Win10 Home Defender Antivirus is blocking ECHOLINK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 Home Defender Antivirus is blocking ECHOLINK: HelloIf you are using Win10 Home, and can not get the Inbond UDP working, and if you have Defender Antirus ON,Make an Excpetion for the Echolink FolderGo to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection. Under Virus & threat protection...
  3. Win10 Home Defender Antivirus is blocking ECHOLINK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 Home Defender Antivirus is blocking ECHOLINK: HelloIf you are using Win10 Home, and can not get the Inbond UDP working, and if you have Defender Antirus ON,Make an Excpetion for the Echolink FolderGo to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection. Under Virus & threat protection...
  4. Win10 Home Defender Antivirus is blocking ECHOLINK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows Defender Antivirus not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Antivirus not working: I’m running Windows 10 Home on a HP Spectre 360 laptop. When I click on Settings, Windows Security, Virus and threat protection it says under this ‘No actions needed.’ Yet I keep getting a message popping up telling me that I need to turn on virus protection. When this window...
  6. Windows Defender Antivirus not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Antivirus not working: I’m running Windows 10 Home on a HP Spectre 360 laptop. When I click on Settings, Windows Security, Virus and threat protection it says under this ‘No actions needed.’ Yet I keep getting a message popping up telling me that I need to turn on virus protection. When this window...
  7. Windows Defender Antivirus not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. window defender antivirus is not working

window defender antivirus is not working: my Microsoft defender antivirus is not working this came out after uninstalling third party antivirus [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender-antivirus-is-not-working/7f5a4a2a-8db1-4768-9c5b-aac01dd77bbd
  9. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: hi, in my windows defender security center's virus and threat protection it says "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". How can i change it....
  10. Windows Defender antivirus is not working

Windows Defender antivirus is not working: Since the latest update, my Win Defender is not working. It is showing the error message "Your virus and threat definitions are managed by your organization". How do I resolve this issue?...