Windows 10: Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service issues since Windows 10 2004 update

Discus and support Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service issues since Windows 10 2004 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I originally posted in Security because I thought I had a Windows Defender problem. Which I do. But I'm pretty sure that my problem is a direct... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by khynnea, Aug 6, 2020.

1. khynnea Win User

Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service issues since Windows 10 2004 update

I originally posted in Security because I thought I had a Windows Defender problem. Which I do.

But I'm pretty sure that my problem is a direct result of the Windows 10 2004 update that I did yesterday, and I am incapable of figuring out how to remedy it.

I am mostly cross posting for visibility in case moderators see this and there is an issue with the update somehow. If the post should be consolidated by a mod instead, please do so.

Thanks.

Please refer to

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...spection/e3ed244b-6fd1-4a46-9828-1c0ba973dacc

:)

khynnea, Aug 6, 2020
  2. Krowbar Win User

Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service high ram usage

Windows Network Realtime Inspection Service (Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service)

is using high amounts of memory, currently 3,340.5MB.

This is gradually increasing everyday, regardless or reboots/scans/updates etc...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service issues since Windows 10 2004 update bc1bf8e8-d420-4939-b70e-709b2a93081c.jpg

Krowbar, Aug 6, 2020
  3. afornal Win User
    Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Aug 6, 2020
  4. jsfitz54 Win User

Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service issues since Windows 10 2004 update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Problems with W10 Anniv auto update:

Mom's: (x58 Xeon 5677) Windows Defender was not turned back on automatically (it was "on" in the 1511 edition) and she had a Trojan. Full system scan to eradicate.
    Her Epson printer was knocked off, had to uninstall by Device Manager pull USB cable and reconnect cable. W10 did the rest.

Step-mom's: (HP pre built) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Her USB Seagate Expansion Drive 2Tb was offline so all backup routines were halted. Had to rerun backup plan. Had her do a full virus scan.

Step-dad's: (Dell Optiplex tweaked upgrades) Windows Defender not turned back on by default. Full Scan.

jsfitz54, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service issues since Windows 10 2004 update - Similar Threads - Defender Antivirus Network

2. Microsoft Network Realtime Inspection Service

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Network Realtime Inspection Service: Recently I was annoyed by "Microsoft Network Realtime Inspection Service" of Window Defender services. Whenever I use any Voice Chat inside Discord, all the realtime voice chat will get disturbed/destroyed by this service! Now my question is, since this services is supposed...
  3. Realtime Network Inspection Service Log

Realtime Network Inspection Service Log: Hello. I've been wanting to know, is there any sort of Network Inspection Log? I know there's a firewall one- but if there is a log, is in integrated with the firewall log?Thanks....
  4. Windows 10 major issues since 2004 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 major issues since 2004 update: We have two Lenovo P310s and an AIO that were upgraded to windows 10 2004 in June/July 2020. Since upgrading, no windows app or the store opens and general performance is slow on all machines, login times are generally 3-5mins. Steps taken to resolve: wsreset.exe all...
  5. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated

Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated: Hello, I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home (20H2 version). I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error I already tried to use sfc /scannow...
  6. Defender Network Inspection Service fails to start with enabled memory integrity protection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defender Network Inspection Service fails to start with enabled memory integrity protection: As you can read here and here user with 1909 and 2004 Windows build have problems with Defender Network Protection if memory integrity is enabled. As Defender is a part of Windows this isn't acceptable. Same also that no error is displayed as Windows 2004 build display such...
  7. Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service issues since Windows 10 2004 update

Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service issues since Windows 10 2004 update: I got the 2004 update yesterday and that went well enough otherwise but I am having a problem with the Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service that I did not have previously. 1. I noticed in Event Viewer several Errors that began immediately upon completion...
  8. Windows Defender Network Inspection Service fails to start

Windows Defender Network Inspection Service fails to start: Repeating Event ids 7000 and 7001 in Windows 10 version 2004 - Windows Defender Network Service fails to start, as "existing buffer is not applicable for this operation" or something like that. The service is set to Manual, an attempt to launch it manually results in error...
  9. Windows Defender antivirus service

Windows Defender antivirus service: Hello, i tried running my windows defender antivirus service from "services" buh i couldn't. The detail file needed to for the service, 'MsMpEng.exe' was also not running, i tried running that also but couldn't. Please i need your help, my machine is crashing down with virus...
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service started and then stopped

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service started and then stopped: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Even if you have no third-party antimalware programs running on your computer, Windows Defender can sometimes behave erroneously and display an error, bearing the following message – The Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service on Local Computer...