Windows 10: Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to update

Discus and support Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I am here with another problem with my laptop. I am using Windows 10 build 1809 too. I want to install build 1909, but as I do so, it does say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SamuelKosch, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to update

Hello. I am here with another problem with my laptop. I am using Windows 10 build 1809 too. I want to install build 1909, but as I do so, it does say Windows Defender is pending an update, and after lots of minutes, even almost an hour, it gets stuck on:

"Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 Version 1.309.1022.0

Is there any way to fix this, or does it usually take a while?

Thanks.

- Sam Kosch, an autistic 17 year old who uses computers

:)

SamuelKosch, Feb 15, 2020
  2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Feb 15, 2020
  3. MugoRimui Win User
    Windows Defender Antivirus

My Windows Defender Antivirus has refused to be turned on since the "Windows Defender Security Centre" was introduced. I am I still Safe?

MugoRimui, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Milton Win User

Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to update

definition update for windows denfender antivirus

Hi mknic,
    I have literally just installed the definition update KB2267602 without any problem. I suggest as a first step checking all the Windows Defender settings to make sure they all have the 'green ticks' in each section.

Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to update [​IMG]

ps. The only reason the 'Family Options' is not ticked is because I am the only user on my computer.

I also would suggest running the 'Troubleshoot' feature in the Update & Security settings which has a section dealing with update problems.

Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to update [​IMG]

Milton, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to update

1. Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to update - Similar Threads - Defender Antivirus refuses

2. Refuses to Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refuses to Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version...: Have been trying for weeks to get this update. Keeps failing. Have tried all recommended so-called fixes found here and elsewhere. Error 0x80070643Windows 10 on an HP ENVY with Intel Core i7 that is not qualified to upgrade to Windows 11...
  3. Refuses to Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Refuses to Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version...: Have been trying for weeks to get this update. Keeps failing. Have tried all recommended so-called fixes found here and elsewhere. Error 0x80070643Windows 10 on an HP ENVY with Intel Core i7 that is not qualified to upgrade to Windows 11...
  4. Refuses to Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates: I want to use Windows Defender Firewall to block outbound connections. I've configured it to block outbound connections and added a rule to allow the browser. However Windows Defender Antivirus then cannot download antivirus updates. I've tried adding a rule to allow...
  6. Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall blocking Windows Defender Antivirus antivirus updates: I want to use Windows Defender Firewall to block outbound connections. I've configured it to block outbound connections and added a rule to allow the browser. However Windows Defender Antivirus then cannot download antivirus updates. I've tried adding a rule to allow...
  7. Windows Defender is refusing to open and update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender is refusing to open and update: I am working with a friend with a laptop, which was full of malware and some viruses. I have cleaned out lots of questionable programmes and scanned out 86 malware instances with Adwcleaner. I have been unable to open Windows Defender. This latter essential programme...
  8. Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to start & unknown status

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Antivirus refuses to start & unknown status: I'm currently on Windows 10 - 1909. Windows defender refuses to start. The status is always "unknown". When I try to enable the real time protection nothing happens. I'm currently on Windows 1909. Windows defender refuses to start. The status is always "unknown". When I try...
  9. Window defender antivirus update not updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Window defender antivirus update not updating: Window defender antivirus update not updating https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/window-defender-antivirus-update-not-updating/13902d0b-f830-443e-ab42-6c06fcba69ae
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus not Updating

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus not Updating: Windows Defender Antivirus is not getting update and showing message of Virus and Spyware Definitions could not be installed. Please Provide me Suggestion.[ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.313.1607.0) Getting things ready - 0%