Windows 10: Windows Defender Antivirus scan couldn't be started

Discus and support Windows Defender Antivirus scan couldn't be started in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" Can someone help me on the above message please?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kenneth24, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Kenneth24 Win User

Windows Defender Antivirus scan couldn't be started

"The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation"

Can someone help me on the above message please?

:)

Kenneth24, Jan 24, 2019
  2. avemaria Win User

right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    right click scan in windows defender?

Sorry, I had the wrong link first time. Go back to the post, I've got the right link there now.
    It works in Windows 10
    Sorry bout that! *Redface

Edwin, Jan 24, 2019
  4. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Antivirus scan couldn't be started - Similar Threads - Defender Antivirus scan

2. Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan: I'm on Windows 10, 2004. When I run a quick antivirus quick scan using the built-in Windows Defender, it works and returns zero threats. If I run a full scan from the settings UI, it will run for about 25 minutes, then the antivirus background service either stops or crashes,...
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Periodic Scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus Periodic Scanning: Why does Microsoft Defender Antivirus Periodic Scanning being turned off after a computer restart or shut down. I have another antivirus program installed but the information in Microsoft Defender Antivirus Options says that I can have Microsoft Defender Antivirus...
  4. Can't start Windows Defender Antivirus

Can't start Windows Defender Antivirus: I have a laptop that came with McAfee and Bitdefender software. Both subscriptions expired. I uninstalled both so that I can just use Windows defender, but it won't start. I get the following message: "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization". I...
  5. Windows Defender Antivirus scan history not found

Windows Defender Antivirus scan history not found: Hi, When I go to my Windows Security and click on "Protection history" under Scan options as shown in the screenshot below, I can't see any of my scan history although I have done several full and offline scans before, it shows me "No recent actions" and the Windows...
  6. Schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus

Schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus: Good evening,I came to the Microsoft Community because I was asking for a request and to help me schedule the offline, customized and complete Windows Defender antivirus scan.I'm waiting for this message!Thank you!A good day!...
  7. Windows Defender Antivirus full scan

Windows Defender Antivirus full scan: Can I work in other programs while conducting a full scan with Windows Defender Antivirus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus-full-scan/7f08cc5f-6240-4d27-8e57-ac4f374e92d3
  8. How to schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus

How to schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus: Make sure your PC is safe and secure. All it takes is 5⃣ steps for you to schedule a scan with Windows Defender Antivirus! Learn more here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026132 [ATTACH]...
  9. How to schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus

How to schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus: Make sure your PC is safe and secure. All it takes is 5⃣ steps for you to schedule a scan with Windows Defender Antivirus! Learn more here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026132 [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus wont start

Windows Defender Antivirus wont start: Hello, I have a 4 day old new HP computer and I want to run Windows Defender. I had a free trial version of McAfee. I uninstalled McAfee using their uninstaller. Windows Defender antivirus wont start. I get a message: "unexpected error. sorry, we ran into a problem please try...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender coudnt start