Windows 10: Windows Defender Antivirus scan history not found

Discus and support Windows Defender Antivirus scan history not found in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, When I go to my Windows Security and click on "Protection history" under Scan options as shown in the screenshot below, I can't see any of my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ian Chen54321, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Antivirus scan history not found

Hi,

When I go to my Windows Security and click on "Protection history" under Scan options as shown in the screenshot below, I can't see any of my scan history although I have done several full and offline scans before, it shows me "No recent actions" and the Windows Security closes by itself. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Thank you very much.

Windows Defender Antivirus scan history not found a21aa320-a1f2-4456-8303-4c2deb067c11?upload=true.jpg

:)

Ian Chen54321, Jun 18, 2020
  2. Zehlewi Win User

Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Jun 19, 2020
  3. avemaria Win User
    right click scan in windows defender?

thanks for that.. i didn't notice the tutorial section :x

I did the suggested registry change and it's now listed on the desktop context menu.. but all this does is ask if I want to open it, update, or start a scan... I was hoping for the option where you right click a specific file and it will have listed 'scan with windows defender' like other antivirus programs have.. MSE had it. I'll keep looking around to see if I can find it in the meantime..

avemaria, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Windows Defender Antivirus scan history not found

Windows Defender How to view Scan History

Hello John,

You may check the the scan history by following these steps:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Click Virus & threat protection.
    • Select the Scan history label.

Windows Defender Antivirus scan history not found 897fe56b-61d4-4ce1-9416-41720af6273e?upload=true.jpg

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

If you think this was useful, feel free to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Antoneth Ber, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Antivirus scan history not found

1. Windows Defender Antivirus scan history not found - Similar Threads - Defender Antivirus scan

2. Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problems with Windows Defender AntiVirus full scan: I'm on Windows 10, 2004. When I run a quick antivirus quick scan using the built-in Windows Defender, it works and returns zero threats. If I run a full scan from the settings UI, it will run for about 25 minutes, then the antivirus background service either stops or crashes,...
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus stops scanning after a threat is found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus stops scanning after a threat is found: Yesterday I uninstalled Avira antivirus and started using Microsoft Defender Antivirus. Today I run Full scan. After scanning about 3.03 million files in 45 minutes it found a threat in an old installation file that I have never run on my current computer, and it stopped...
  4. Microsoft Defender Antivirus Periodic Scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Defender Antivirus Periodic Scanning: Why does Microsoft Defender Antivirus Periodic Scanning being turned off after a computer restart or shut down. I have another antivirus program installed but the information in Microsoft Defender Antivirus Options says that I can have Microsoft Defender Antivirus...
  5. Schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus

Schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus: Good evening,I came to the Microsoft Community because I was asking for a request and to help me schedule the offline, customized and complete Windows Defender antivirus scan.I'm waiting for this message!Thank you!A good day!...
  6. no history in scan history after defender scan 2x

no history in scan history after defender scan 2x: scan done..i watched it....no results.....eufi downloaded now says unknown update downloaded what is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/no-history-in-scan-history-after-defender-scan-2x/5b612db7-d14e-4fcd-9e63-f4c08e3bae64
  7. Windows Defender Antivirus full scan

Windows Defender Antivirus full scan: Can I work in other programs while conducting a full scan with Windows Defender Antivirus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus-full-scan/7f08cc5f-6240-4d27-8e57-ac4f374e92d3
  8. How to schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus

How to schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus: Make sure your PC is safe and secure. All it takes is 5⃣ steps for you to schedule a scan with Windows Defender Antivirus! Learn more here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026132 [ATTACH]...
  9. How to schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus

How to schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus: Make sure your PC is safe and secure. All it takes is 5⃣ steps for you to schedule a scan with Windows Defender Antivirus! Learn more here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026132 [ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus scan couldn't be started

Windows Defender Antivirus scan couldn't be started: "The group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation" Can someone help me on the above message please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-antivirus-scan-couldnt-be-started/a0e0a523-caf7-4098-8221-036c349b47cc