Windows 10: windows defender antivirus service is using 20% of cpu all time

Discus and support windows defender antivirus service is using 20% of cpu all time in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; But it doesnt run any scan! why does this happen?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by דניאלמ, Jul 11, 2020.

1. windows defender antivirus service is using 20% of cpu all time

But it doesnt run any scan!

why does this happen?

:)

דניאלמ, Jul 11, 2020

2. Defender Antivirus Service is using a lot of CPU and slowing my computer down severely. How

Hi DaveM121,

Thanks for taking the time to help out.

I ran the "Defender Offline scan" as you suggested, after doing a disk clean-up.

Unfortunately the "Defender Antivirus Service is still using a lot of CPU? I think it needs a more technical tool.

Thanks RedRover1

Red Rover 1, Jul 11, 2020
  3. afornal Win User
    Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Jul 11, 2020
  4. windows defender antivirus service is using 20% of cpu all time

Defender Antivirus Service is using a lot of CPU and slowing my computer down severely. How

Defender Antivirus Service is using a lot of CPU and slowing my computer down severely. How can CPU use be cut back?

Red Rover 1, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

windows defender antivirus service is using 20% of cpu all time

1. windows defender antivirus service is using 20% of cpu all time - Similar Threads - defender antivirus service

2. Antivirus uses cpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Antivirus uses cpu: I have a problem that every few minutes my cpu usage goes up to 100% and then it goes down to 10%. The AVG antivirus uses most of processor. Is it like a scanning procedure or is it some malware? I don’t think it’s a malware cause I made some scans in AVG and Avira I was also...
  3. Antivirus uses cpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Antivirus uses cpu: I have a problem that every few minutes my cpu usage goes up to 100% and then it goes down to 10%. The AVG antivirus uses most of processor. Is it like a scanning procedure or is it some malware? I don’t think it’s a malware cause I made some scans in AVG and Avira I was also...
  4. Antivirus uses cpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated: Hello, I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home (20H2 version). I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error I already tried to use sfc /scannow...
  6. Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host: "Server" - using 50% of CPU all the time: [ATTACH] Hi All Wondering if anyone else has had this problem where Service Host: Server using around 50% of CPU all the time. Really starting to bug me now as making mouse cursor jitter now and then when running other programs/games and CPU load stays at 100%. I looked...
  7. Windows Defender Antivirus Causes 100% CPU Usage at Random Times

Windows Defender Antivirus Causes 100% CPU Usage at Random Times: I'm having horrible problems with Windows Defender antivirus. At random times it will start to consume 100% CPU usage and make my computer unusable for 5-10 minutes at a time. I am unable to kill the process as admin and I get no notifications as to what it's scanning, why,...
  8. Service Host: Remote Desktop Services Using Over 20% CPU?

Service Host: Remote Desktop Services Using Over 20% CPU?: Running RDS on Windows Server 2019 in Azure, and we get the Service Host: Remote Desktop Services using over 20% CPU frequently. Restarting the server temporarily fixes the issue. My research suggested it might be because we had thin clients using a version of RDP less...
  9. Windows Defender antivirus service

Windows Defender antivirus service: Hello, i tried running my windows defender antivirus service from "services" buh i couldn't. The detail file needed to for the service, 'MsMpEng.exe' was also not running, i tried running that also but couldn't. Please i need your help, my machine is crashing down with virus...
  10. Windows Defender real time Antivirus

Windows Defender real time Antivirus: Windows Defender real time Antivirus will not turn on. Says, I am using other Antivirus provider. I am Unable to find any other Antivirus providers on my computer?...