Windows 10: Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated in Event Viewer

Discus and support Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated in Event Viewer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home 20H2 version with all updates installed. I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by strusmig, Dec 1, 2020.

1. strusmig Win User

Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated in Event Viewer

Hello,
    I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home 20H2 version with all updates installed. I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer:

The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error:
    General access denied error

Event 7023 Service Control Manager

I already tried to use sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth but it didn't help at all. Windows Defender still unexpectedly turns off during normal use. It can startup on boot and then unexpectedly turn off with this error in Event Viewer.

Anyone know what's going on here?

:)

strusmig, Dec 1, 2020

2. Location of Windows Defender events saved in Event Viewer

In this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...virus/troubleshoot-windows-defender-antivirus.
    According to the the mentioned link the generated events should be displayed at the following location in the Event Viewer:- Application and Services Logs/Microsoft/Windows/Windows Defender Antivirus/Operational.

But on performing actions, Events are getting stored at this location in the event viewer:- Application and Services Logs/Microsoft/Windows/Windows Defender/Operational.

How can I get Microsoft Windows Defender Antivirus folder at this location:- Application and Services Logs/Microsoft/Windows in the event viewer. So that events start getting stored at this location:- Application and Services Logs/Microsoft/Windows/Windows
    Defender Antivirus/Operational.

***Original title: Microsoft Defender Antivirus***

Sharoon Austin, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

Hello, *Smile

If you are wanting to turn off Windows Defender Antivirus, then you could use an option in the updated tutorial below. Be sure to turn off Tamper Protection first in step 1.

Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Brink, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Ron6962 Win User

Windows Search Service Terminated

Basic problem is slow start-up and very slow opening files and programs. Here is history of the computer...
    1. Original OS was Windows 7
    2. Windows 7 upgraded to Windows 10, all worked OK
    3. Windows 10 updated with Anniversary Update, problem began
    I first looked in the System Log Event Viewer and found dozens of red errors titled as "The Windows Search Service terminated with the following service-specific error: %%2388525884" The error test and the error code is the same for dozens of times, and seems to grow with more use of the computer. Here is what I have tried so far...
    1. Ran SFC SCANNOW, no help
    2. Ran CHKDSK, no help
    3. Tried a Repair of Windows 10, would not repair, except for clean install
      Googled the error and found nothing of help
    I am at a loss as to what to try next, and really don't want to have to do a clean install, so any advice is appreciated.

Ron6962, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated in Event Viewer - Similar Threads - Defender Antivirus Service

2. The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.: Can someone help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-defender-advanced-threat-protection/4efb3114-c981-43de-a643-375db73b7ac2
  3. The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.: Can someone help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-defender-advanced-threat-protection/4efb3114-c981-43de-a643-375db73b7ac2
  4. The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated

Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated: Hello, I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home (20H2 version). I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error I already tried to use sfc /scannow...
  6. Event Viewer service is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer service is not working: Hello a few days ago, maybe a week, I noticed event viewer logs in MMC were not working. The screen prompted me to check the service was running. I went to services and the service is indeed showing as "stopped" When I attempt to restart the service I receive error message...
  7. How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?: Windows 10.0.18362.778: How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”? I couldn’t figure out how to stop “windows defender antivirus service” [img] 154767
  8. The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error:...

The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error:...: The threat service keeps stopping a couple of minutes after the system has booted. I attempt to restart it I get an unexpected error occured dialog The following error is logged in the Event Viewer,,, The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the...
  9. Windows Defender antivirus service

Windows Defender antivirus service: Hello, i tried running my windows defender antivirus service from "services" buh i couldn't. The detail file needed to for the service, 'MsMpEng.exe' was also not running, i tried running that also but couldn't. Please i need your help, my machine is crashing down with virus...
  10. The Windows Defender Firewall service terminated with the following service-specific error:...

The Windows Defender Firewall service terminated with the following service-specific error:...: Hello, I am running Windows 10 1803. About a month ago Windows Defender Firewall would not start. It would say that it wasn't using the recommended settings. When I would try changing them I would get this error: Windows Defender Firewall can't change some of your settings....