Windows 10: Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated

Discus and support Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home (20H2 version). I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer: The Windows Defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by strusmig, Dec 1, 2020.

1. strusmig Win User

Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated

Hello,
    I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home (20H2 version). I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer:
    I already tried to use sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth but it didn't help at all. Windows Defender still unexpectedly turns off during normal use. It can startup on boot and then unexpectedly turn off with this error in Event Viewer.

Anyone know what's going on here?

:)

strusmig, Dec 1, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

Hello, *Smile

If you are wanting to turn off Windows Defender Antivirus, then you could use an option in the updated tutorial below. Be sure to turn off Tamper Protection first in step 1.

Turn On or Off Windows Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Brink, Dec 1, 2020
  3. TairikuOkami, Dec 1, 2020
  4. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated

Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated

1. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated - Similar Threads - Defender Antivirus Service

2. The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.: Can someone help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-defender-advanced-threat-protection/4efb3114-c981-43de-a643-375db73b7ac2
  3. The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.: Can someone help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-windows-defender-advanced-threat-protection/4efb3114-c981-43de-a643-375db73b7ac2
  4. The Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection Service service terminated unexpectedly.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender Antivirus Service disabled by Steam

Windows Defender Antivirus Service disabled by Steam: Hello, Facing the following issue: When starting PC -> Defender is up and running; When starting Steam App-> Defender is up and running; When starting game via Steam -> Defender become disabled service stopped: WinDefend "Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service"; If try to...
  6. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated in Event Viewer

Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated in Event Viewer: Hello, I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home 20H2 version with all updates installed. I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error Event 7023...
  7. How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?: Windows 10.0.18362.778: How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”? I couldn’t figure out how to stop “windows defender antivirus service” [img] 154767
  8. The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error:...

The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error:...: The threat service keeps stopping a couple of minutes after the system has booted. I attempt to restart it I get an unexpected error occured dialog The following error is logged in the Event Viewer,,, The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the...
  9. Windows Defender antivirus service

Windows Defender antivirus service: Hello, i tried running my windows defender antivirus service from "services" buh i couldn't. The detail file needed to for the service, 'MsMpEng.exe' was also not running, i tried running that also but couldn't. Please i need your help, my machine is crashing down with virus...
  10. The Windows Defender Firewall service terminated with the following service-specific error:...

The Windows Defender Firewall service terminated with the following service-specific error:...: Hello, I am running Windows 10 1803. About a month ago Windows Defender Firewall would not start. It would say that it wasn't using the recommended settings. When I would try changing them I would get this error: Windows Defender Firewall can't change some of your settings....