Windows 10: Windows Defender antivirus service

Discus and support Windows Defender antivirus service in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, i tried running my windows defender antivirus service from "services" buh i couldn't. The detail file needed to for the service, 'MsMpEng.exe'... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nok_amart, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Nok_amart Win User

Windows Defender antivirus service

Hello, i tried running my windows defender antivirus service from "services" buh i couldn't. The detail file needed to for the service, 'MsMpEng.exe' was also not running, i tried running that also but couldn't. Please i need your help, my machine is crashing down with virus and i really need to activate "windows Defender Periodic Scanning". thank you.

:)

Nok_amart, Oct 1, 2019
  2. afornal Win User

Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Defender AntiVirus

Hello,

Thank you for sharing this to Microsoft Community. Let's try to start Windows Defender services and see if it helps. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R key and type
      Windows Defender  antivirus service [​IMG]
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for the service "Windows Defender".
    • Right click on "Windows Defender" and click Properties.
    • Click Start button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save changes.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Marvin Barc, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Windows Defender antivirus service

Cannot activate Windows Defender

On my laptop "Toshiba Satellite L455" I did upgradation to W-10 from W-7 (original).

There is no antivirus program on this PC.

I wanted Windows Defender to run. But it says that it is switched off.

Want to activate it.

On opening Windows defender, there is no option to activate it.

In step 2 of your suggestion, it says:

"Windows could not start the Windows Defender Network Inspection Service on local computer.

Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start"

Can you pl give a method to activate the defender?

PrakashVarkhedkar, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender antivirus service

1. Windows Defender antivirus service - Similar Threads - Defender antivirus service

2. Windows Defender Antivirus Service disabled by Steam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus Service disabled by Steam: Hello, Facing the following issue: When starting PC -> Defender is up and running; When starting Steam App-> Defender is up and running; When starting game via Steam -> Defender become disabled service stopped: WinDefend "Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service"; If try to...
  3. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated

Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated: Hello, I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home (20H2 version). I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error I already tried to use sfc /scannow...
  4. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated in Event Viewer

Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated in Event Viewer: Hello, I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home 20H2 version with all updates installed. I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error Event 7023...
  5. How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?

How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”?: Windows 10.0.18362.778: How to stop “windows defender antivirus service”? I couldn’t figure out how to stop “windows defender antivirus service” [img] 154767
  6. The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error:...

The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error:...: The threat service keeps stopping a couple of minutes after the system has booted. I attempt to restart it I get an unexpected error occured dialog The following error is logged in the Event Viewer,,, The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the...
  7. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: hi, in my windows defender security center's virus and threat protection it says "Your virus and threat protection is managed by your organization". How can i change it....
  8. Fully disabled Defender but "Windows Defender Antivirus Service" runs

Fully disabled Defender but "Windows Defender Antivirus Service" runs: I used the steps from here and elsewhere, to FULLY disable Windows Defender. well over a year ago. Mark my surprise, when I find that the "Antimalware Service executable" is eating up 25% of the processor power... I double checked everything from Group policy settings, to...
  9. Windows Defender Antivirus Service running when it shouldn't

Windows Defender Antivirus Service running when it shouldn't: Ive been using Windows 10 Home and a 3rd party antivirus (Avast) for quite a while, and have never had any problems with Defender until recently. My laptop has been running slow, and after sone investigation, ive discovered that the Antimalware Service Executable of the...
  10. windows defender antivirus

windows defender antivirus: my pc windows defender antivirus suddenly stoppped. i tried to turn it on or even restarting but its denying .its always displaying a "out of date" message .i am trying to update it but no progress...