Windows 10: Windows Defender Antivirus won't Turn on after Uninstalling McAfee

Discus and support Windows Defender Antivirus won't Turn on after Uninstalling McAfee in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I uninstalled my antivirus software which is mcafee live safe and Windows defender antivirus did not become active automatically. I can't find a way to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JettLumabi, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Antivirus won't Turn on after Uninstalling McAfee

I uninstalled my antivirus software which is mcafee live safe and Windows defender antivirus did not become active automatically. I can't find a way to re enable it.

Windows Defender Antivirus won't Turn on after Uninstalling McAfee 143a6441-e431-4041-81b9-d29e41e7944f?upload=true.png

[Original Title: Windows Defender Antivirus]

:)

JettLumabi, Oct 9, 2020

2. Windows 10, Windows Defender, McAfee Antivirus App

My new HP Note Book came equipped with McAfee antivirus program. I kept it. Windows Defender is shown as being "ON". I understand two such programs should not run at the same time. I looked in my security settings and found that even if I were to turn
    off Defender, after awhile it would turn itself back on. This seems odd to me. What is the correct way (step by step please) to turn off Defender and keep it off since I use McAfee and will renew it?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Moogerditch5, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Windows 10, Windows Defender, McAfee Antivirus App

If McAfee were properly installed Windows Defender should have been disabled. You may wish to confer with McAfee Support or seek advice from the McAfee Forum.

McAfee

McAfee Support Community

Or see the following tutorial on how to disable Windows Defender on Win 10:How to Turn On or Off Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 10

Regards…

Le Boule, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Windows Defender Antivirus won't Turn on after Uninstalling McAfee

Computer came with McAfee installed. Should I uninstall McAfee and use Defender?

@LCMinn

Your first sentence doesn't make sense Windows Defender Antivirus won't Turn on after Uninstalling McAfee ;)

If you didn't install McAfee Livesafe on your own, then it either came bundled with some other download or the manufacturer of your computer pre-installed McAfee Livesafe (trial version?)

In case you want to use the in-built Windows Defender you need to uninstall McAfee Livesafe and also use the McAfee removal tool from this list List
    of anti-malware product removal tools
    to get rid of all possible remnants.

After a reboot, Windows Defender should be automatically enabled.

How to Use the Built-in Windows Defender Antivirus on Windows 10

Configure Windows Defender in Windows 8, 8.1 and 10

What’s the Best Antivirus for Windows 10? (Is Windows Defender Good Enough?)

Choosing an Anti-Virus Program

Supplementing your Anti-Virus Program with Anti-Malware Tools

Jsssssssss, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Antivirus won't Turn on after Uninstalling McAfee

1. Windows Defender Antivirus won't Turn on after Uninstalling McAfee - Similar Threads - Defender Antivirus won't

2. How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...: I want to switch from the pre-installed McAfee Antivirus to the WDA. For that I have uninstalled the McAfee antivirus from the device. But after that when I am trying to open the Virus protection settings in the windows defender software, this is the message I am getting:I...
  3. How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to activate windows Defender Antivirus after uninstalling the pre-installed McAfee...: I want to switch from the pre-installed McAfee Antivirus to the WDA. For that I have uninstalled the McAfee antivirus from the device. But after that when I am trying to open the Virus protection settings in the windows defender software, this is the message I am getting:I...
  4. Windows Defender crashes on startup after uninstalling McAfee?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender crashes on startup after uninstalling McAfee?: When I bought my new PC, MacAfee was preinstalled. Seeing that Windows Defender was good enough, I uninstalled McAfee. I still can't open Windows Defender, but still receive notifications about automatic scans. sorry about the GIF quality, I couldn't attach a video...
  5. McAfee vs Defender Antivirus protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAfee vs Defender Antivirus protection: I bought a new computer that comes with McAfee VirusScan and Firewall already installed. By this being installed, the Windows Defender Antivirus and Firewall are turned off. The McAfee software is for 30 days trial. My questionIs Microsoft Window Defender software as good as...
  6. If i uninstall mcafee livesafe will my antivirus be switched to windows defender?

If i uninstall mcafee livesafe will my antivirus be switched to windows defender?: So, i have mcafee livesave pre-installed on my new laptop and i'm getting sick of trial antiviruses, and i wan't to uninstall it, so if i uninstall mcafee livesave will my pc be protected this time by windows defender?...
  7. Uninstalled Windows Defender Antivirus

Uninstalled Windows Defender Antivirus: My windows defender antivirus got accidentally uninstalled, a week had passed before I was able to notice it, can I reinstall my windows defender antivirus back? Do I have to install a new version? Do I have to pay for it or is it free? Is it safe to download this program...
  8. Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on

Windows 10: Uninstalled McAfee AntiVirus but Defender Antivirus will not turn on: After uninstalling McAfee, Windows Defender would not turn on. I've tried to restart the service but get the following error: Error 577: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is...
  9. turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...

turning off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turning on windows defender antivirus and...: how to turn off mcafee virus scan and firewall and turn on windows defender and firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/turning-off-mcafee-virus-scan-and-firewall-and/4b616e99-6fc9-4d2b-9159-c9794cb6b1fe
  10. Windows Defender Antivirus won't turn on

Windows Defender Antivirus won't turn on: I get prompts telling me I need to turn on Windows Defender Antivirus every time I turn on my laptop. When I go to the security center I do not have the option to switch any of the toggles to On, they just remain grey. Windows 10 came installed on this laptop. I have not...